100 Second Avenue N Suite 150
Position: Finance Coordinator
Reports To: Vice President of Finance & Administration
Salary Range: $25,000 to $45,000
The St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking an accounting and administrative professional to support our Finance, Accounting and Membership billing operations. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented, process-driven team player wanting to belong and contribute to a growing member service organization. This individual will call upon their experience in accounting to ensure our internal team and our membership is provided accurate information and professional communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all accounting data entry in QuickBooks and WebLink, including but not limited to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Journal Entries.
- Assist in maintaining chart of accounts, class list and item list in accounting software.
- Sort and allocate incoming cash deposits and physically make bank deposits.
- Monitor Unpaid Event, Sponsorship and Advertising receivables and making any necessary collections calls.
- Assist members and staff with accounting report requests, invoice questions and payments.
- Process monthly renewal dues invoicing and thank you letters by mail, email and phone calls to members.
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in Finance Committee meetings by preparing all necessary documents, taking meeting minutes and breaking down the meeting room after adjournment.
- Assist in 1099 vendor filing and W9 maintenance.
- Assist in annual audit, processing data pull requests and reporting requests.
- Assist in annual budget process.
- Ability to fill in as needed, including but not limited to daily coverage of the front reception desk during the reception staff’s lunch hour while still maintaining productivity.
- Other duties as necessary.
Required Competencies and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting
- Minimum of two years bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Experience in QuickBooks and WebLink a plus
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Collaboration with all departments/ability to work as a team player
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer relation skills
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Uphold the Chamber’s Core Values of Innovation, Excellence, Inclusivity, Accountability, and Integrity
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- STD, LTD and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parking
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
Minimum Education Required