Details: Commensurate with experience
4801 Courthouse Street
The GuideStar Data Services Team has a critical role to play at GuideStar. Leveraging over 20 years of nonprofit data this team provides a continuous stream of valuable data services and insights about the sector to a wide range of external and internal stakeholders every day.
As a member of GuideStar's Data Services Team you will:
- See data as fun and interesting and you bring a spirit of inquiry to your work each day
- Enjoy being a member of a collaborative team that works together to achieve shared goals
- Bring expertise in building and maintaining high-quality technical solutions to provide the best possible data solutions to our customers
- Have high standards and a process improvement mind-set to your work and to the team - helping us to develop more efficient, effective and value-add solutions every day
- Provide technical guidance to junior team members – building our bench strength over time
- Be comfortable and confident engaging with larger more sophisticated customers to understand their needs and consult with them on the ways our data can help meet those needs
Specific Duties included but not limited to:
- Sales support comprising of scoping client needs, assisting in the generation of sales estimates, client communication, design, documentation and delivery of the custom data extracts, and post-delivery client support
- Designing, building and maintaining technical solutions for our ‘managed data services’ using version controlled ETL processes in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to ensure consistent and timely deliveries of large recurring engagements.
- Leading technical efforts with the Data Services team to increase organizational efficiencies through the design, implementation and use of standards based automated processes wherever possible.
- Maintaining and managing the backlog of data improvement opportunities needed to advance our program and offerings
- Partnering with the Data Operations team on initiatives to enhance our data architecture, data quality and to bring in outside sources of data that enrich our offering.
- Serving as a subject matter expert for data related questions from clients and internal stakeholders.
- Partner with Director in development and assessment of new data product ideas.
- Taking on special research projects as assigned.
Skills/Experience/Aptitude we are looking for:
- Ability to quickly become versed in the definitions and meaning of the data we are working with
- Experience in receiving and interpreting requests for and questions about data and the ability to think through how to leverage the data at hand to meet the stakeholder need
- Ability to apply various mathematical calculations and statistical techniques to datasets
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large quantities of data into digestible and actionable packages
- Ability to draft recommendations and lead efforts to address internal technical improvement opportunities for the team
- Demonstrated ability to write moderate to complex SQL working against large relational databases – Transact SQL experience preferred
- Proficiency with SQL Server Integration Services, ETL, and SQL Reporting Services tools.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and to follow technical standards
- Experience helping a team to develop automated processes to enhance efficiency and consistency of work products.
- Ability to manipulate, package, visualize, present and deliver information to different audiences at an intermediate level using Excel, Access, PowerBI, and PowerPoint
Communication, Collaboration, and Customer orientation:
- Strong listener - able to take in and understand and respond to the needs of a wide variety of stakeholders with differing levels of technical and/or non-profit knowledge
- Able to 'translate' business needs to more technically oriented teammates and convey more technical information in business-friendly terms to non-technical stakeholders
- Professional and polished in communications of all types
- Comfortable reaching out to solve problems and enjoys working cross-team
- Partners with the sales team to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction
- Brings a sense of urgency to customer engagements
Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of Non-profit Data or the non-profit sector is a big plus
You will enjoy a competitive, flexible benefits package that includes ample leave (4+ weeks your first year), 11 paid holidays, health and dental coverage, insurance, retirement matching, and generous parental leave, PLUS, you can champion your favorite cause! We give everyone monthly paid volunteer leave as a way to encourage and support individual philanthropy.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in technical subject, business, economics, math, accounting, or similar subjects with demonstrated successful completion of quantitative and database related courses or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Certifications in SQL, SSIS, ETL tools or Reporting tools would be preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Preferred location is Williamsburg but will consider other locations for the right candidate.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
GuideStar USA Inc. is EEO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
“If you care about nonprofits and the work they do and have relevant skills and experience, please consider applying even if your background doesn’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply”.