1881 PARK AVENUE
Addicts Rehabilitation Center Fund (“ARC”) located in East Harlem, NYC; is the oldest and one of the largest drug treatment facilities in New York State. Its core mission is to: a) help program participants unlearn old destructive ways; b) guide them in the development of new attitudes and positive patterns of thoughts and actions; c) assist them in the search for identity on a safe social level, in the community where they will live. ARC is seeking an Accountant with non-profit experience.
- Record and deposit all cash receipts
- Track daily deposits
- Prepare and record journal entries for all cash and check receipts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare weekly cash receipts reconciliation
- Process ADP bi-weekly payroll
- Prepare, enter and reconcile bi-weekly/semi-monthly payroll journal entries
- Perform petty cash accounts review and reconciliation on timely basis
- Management and distribution of client accounts
- Prepare schedules in periodic government and annual independent audits
- Assists ARC Fiscal Controller and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college/program
- Three (3) or more years of accounting experience preferably in non-profit.
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Peachtree, QuickBooks, and FundEZ accounting software’s a plus
- Knwowledge of NYS OASAS 820 and financial reporting guidelines a plus
- Knowledge of Medicaid billing a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, detail oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
Salary: 50-65k commensurate with experience
ARC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter with salary requirement to:
email@example.com and put "Accountant" in the Subject line.