Details: The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is dedicated to providing immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. CEO’s programs help participants regain the skills and confidence needed for successful transitions to stable, productive lives. CEO serves more than 5,000 participants a year, giving them the opportunity to support themselves and their families, remain crime-free, and contribute positively to their communities.
Headquartered in New York City, CEO currently operates in 21 cities across eight states. In 2016, CEO embarked on a five-year strategic plan to serve 11,000 participants annually. CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations, including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, James Irvine Foundation, Tipping Point Community, and Google.org, among many others.
We’ve recently received funding to pilot a department dedicated to growing CEO’s business with new and existing customers to increase the number of immediate, paid employment opportunities for our participants. As part of our program model, every participant works for CEO’s social enterprise to gain experience and income while concurrently working with CEO’s vocational staff to find a permanent job outside of CEO. Currently, CEO employs over 400 people per day and 5,000 people annually across the U.S. who provide maintenance services to more than 40 customers, ranging from Caltrans to the New York Housing Authority to the Philadelphia Parks Department.
We’re seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Director, Enterprise Sales to play a core role in the execution of this pilot. The goal of the pilot is not only to drive business acquisition in select geographies, but also to build a sustainable sales operation within CEO. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual interested in utilizing their experience to have deep impact on people and communities that have experienced cycles of incarceration and poverty.
The Director, Enterprise Sales will work under the Director, Sales Strategy & Social Enterprise to test out different strategies for the sales pilot, determine in which cities to test the pilots, and support in deciding which opportunities to prioritize. Initially the Director, Enterprise Sales will work with the Director, Sales Strategy & Social Enterprise to create the strategies and then execute the pilots. Over time the Director, Enterprise Sales will serve as the lead on larger multi-site accounts and all aspects of the “enterprise sales” process (e.g., lead generation, prioritizing customer leads, creating presentations, and contract negotiation). The Director, Enterprise Sales will also assist in building out a sustainable Business Development Team and lead the development of the sales operations infrastructure necessary for its success.
This position is currently funded for two years. Continuation of the position is dependent upon availability of future funding which we hope to be able to secure.
The Impact You’ll Make
Our social enterprise work crews are the centerpiece of CEO’s evidence-based model and program intervention. The work crew experience gives participants a degree of initial stability and support that helps them successfully connect to the job market and desist from crime. The work crews also earn revenue which helps ensure CEO’s financial sustainability.
Through signing new and larger contracts, the Director, Enterprise Sales will support the Business Development Team to increase the number of transitional job opportunities available to individuals and enable CEO to serve a much larger percent of those most in need of support.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the Director, Sales Strategy & Social Enterprise, offering support in setting strategy and milestones
- Serve as the lead partner in the implementation and follow-through of team projects and initiatives
- Create sales scripts, develop pitchbooks, and coach other sales staff
- Contribute to the development of sales team best practices
- Contribute to the envisioning and execution of business development events
- Conduct other duties and ad-hoc analyses as assigned
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with at least 6 years of demonstrated experience in sales, business development, or strategic account management preferably in b2b sales or recruiting/staffing solutions and are eager to apply your experience and skill set within a mission-driven, social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You have a demonstrated track record of sales/business development experience with emphasis on new business acquisition and meeting quotas
- You have excellent relationship-building skills with a fundamental and disciplined approach to goal-setting and sales achievement with the ability to be persuasive and close new business
- You are able to identify who the critical decision makers are within the identified targets and can determine the best strategies for outreach
- You take a consultative sales approach, focusing on service excellence for internal and external customers
- You understand sales pipeline management and sales operations best practices and willing to assist in the implementation of these practices
- You have a bias for action and have the ability to navigate complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, negotiating skills and decision-making, and the ability to influence others
- You possess an entrepreneurial "mindset" and are flexible who is willing to "roll up sleeves" and get the job done during a period of rapid growth within a fast-paced and results-focused environment
- You have the ability to travel several times a month or as needed
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
CEO also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application materials, including a resume and cover letter, suing the link provided. Please note: applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.