Just Beginning Outreach and Support Coordinator
22 Cortlandt Street
The Just Beginning (JB) outreach and support coordinator will be responsible for coordinating outreach and recruitment efforts for the Building Bridges and Bonds (B3) component of the Strong Fathers, Stronger Families (SFSF) program and assist SFSF and B3 staff with scheduling workshops, tracking performance, and improving engagement among participants.
SFSF is a program led by Seedco that is designed to help parents find jobs, achieve economic stability, and establish healthy relationships with their children, co-parents, and other family. SFSF is run out two subcontracted community-based organizations in East Harlem and the South Bronx. SFSF is funded through a grant from the Administration for Children and Families, a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
B3 is a research study led by MDRC that is implementing and evaluating innovative program approaches to support low-income fathers in their employment, parenting, and relationships. One of the new interventions being tested is an interactive workshop series called Just Beginning (JB), which works with fathers and children together to improve the quality of fathers’ interactions with their young children. JB participants must be fathers who have seen their children sometime within the 3 months prior to program enrollment and children must be between the ages of 2 months and 3 years old.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Engages continuously with technical assistance provider, using feedback and input to more effectively recruit and engage eligible participants
- Leads recruitment and engagement efforts for Just Beginning in coordination with the SFSF Program Associate and Community Engagement and Outreach Coordinator.
- Develops and implements a recruitment strategy for the target population
- Uses and develops a variety of engagement strategies to encourage father attendance at sessions and improve program completion rates
- Works with fathers and families to schedule program orientations, classes, and visits and conducts orientation with fathers and co-parents
- Gathers evaluation data and works with evaluator to supply additional information as needed
- Assists with reporting and data management and cleanup
- Participates in regular meetings including New York program team meetings, evaluation partners meetings, SFSF program meetings, and JB team meetings
- Develops written summary at the end of the recruitment period reviewing successes and challenges to recruitment and engagement of the target population
- Assists Just Beginning facilitators with co-facilitating classes, overseeing play sessions, and parent mentoring as needed
- Performs related duties as assigned
1) High school diploma or GED
2) Outgoing, caring, and engaging personality
3) Organized and detail oriented
4) Interest in or experience working with parenting programs, at-risk fathers, co-parenting, and/or young children
5) Interest or experience conducting outreach or recruitment in underserved communities
1) Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a human services field
2) An understanding of research studies and randomized control trials
3) Experience with database systems
4) Experience with or previous studies in parenting and/or infants and toddlers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This position requires travel several times a week around New York City.
The JB Outreach and Support Coordinator reports to and works closely with the SFSF Program Associate. The JB Outreach and Support Coordinator will be responsible for providing the PA with a range of reports tracking performance and targets to date on a weekly basis.
Minimum Education Required