Details: paid bimonthly
11400 Rockville Pike
The Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (FNIH) is seeking a Project Manager to guide the conduct of major research partnerships with diverse stakeholders including biopharmaceutical companies, healthcare not-for-profit partners, government, and academic scientists. Project Managers are responsible for day-to-day management of specific research initiatives in varying therapeutic areas. Duties include managing project meetings, logistics, timelines, budgets, and other related activities. Work will be conducted under supervision of a Scientific Program Manager at the FNIH offices located in Bethesda, Maryland.
This is a non-research, administrative management position requiring excellent interpersonal and writing skills, a high level of organization, diplomacy, focus, ability to work under tight deadlines, and familiarity with biomedical research environments.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate their strong qualifications in:
· Managing scientific, science-related or clinical projects including complex project logistics and budgets;
· Managing relationships among diverse scientific and administrative partners from different sectors (government, academia, and/or private industry);
· Coordinating and facilitating cross-functional scientific or project team meetings, taking minutes, and tracking action items;
· Assisting in developing and managing grants/contracts including evaluation and refinement of statements of work, project budgets, and milestones;
· Preparing clear and concise meeting summaries and written reports.
Ideal candidates will be able to show:
· 3+ years of relevant project management experience (Project Management Certification or consulting experience is a plus);
· A Master’s degree (or higher) in a biomedical science or a related discipline;
· Scientific expertise in either metabolic diseases, diabetes or liver disease is a plus;
· Experience with issues related to managing scientific data including clinical, genomic, proteomic and metabolomic data;
· Excellent verbal and writing skills;
· Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and initiative when working with others.
100% paid medical and dental for all employees and all their dependents, 11 paid holidays, free parking, 403(b) with generous match and 100% immediate vesting, and more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The successful applicant will submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject PMMDID. Cover letter must address how the applicant is a good fit for the desired position and why s/he is applying. Only those submitting a resume and cover letter will be considered.