The Events Administrator is an integral part of the day-to-day efforts of the North American Events team, providing administrative assistance to the team and delivering excellent customer service to event attendees. The Administrative Assistant provides support to the entire team as needed and reports to the Assistant Director of North American Events.
- Handles all registration build outs for multiple, ongoing events, including responding to questions by phone and email, creating and pulling registration reports, and handling administrative details
- Support department’s meeting planners to create events in registration software (Cvent)
- Processes event cash, checks, and credit card payments and refunds
- Answer general phone lines and deliver outstanding customer service to our constituents for all major events
- Manage multiple email inboxes and provide accurate and customer-focused responses in a timely manner
- Process invoices for a variety of events including the review and coding of expenses, and the management of the flow of paperwork
- Coordinate collection, organization, and payment of speaker contracts & travel information for major conferences
- Organize and archive event contracts and program files
- Assist in developing new processes and procedures
- Possible special projects
- Travel occasionally to assist with onsite meeting management administrative functions
- Administrative support for department director and assistant director with meeting coordination, visitor tracking, data entry, and other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior office experience preferred
- Computer savvy and an ability, and willingness, to learn new software platforms
- Experience with CVENT platform highly desired but not required
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Customer service oriented
- Able to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
This position is within the Collective Bargaining Unit.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Events Admin.