First Place is seeking an energetic property management professional to assist with managing the day-to-day operations of housing for a diverse population of young adults. The selected candidate will work closely with the Housing Manager to secure a well-managed and well-maintained portfolio of master leased scattered and single site units throughout the community. This Specialist will oversee all daily property management functions which includes lease up, processing work orders, conducting inspections, issuing notices and lease violations, managing property management and tracking databases, maintaining electronic and hard copy files, posting charges and payments, managing a key system, processing invoices and timely and accurate reporting. The Specialist is also responsible sourcing and securing new units on an ongoing basis. The Specialist will develop and preserve partnerships with landlords, be the point of contact for questions and issues, and ensure that master lease terms are followed and rent payments are timely and accurate.
Operations and Management
• Develop and maintain an inventory of appropriate units for program participants by networking with landlords, renter's associations, property management businesses and permanent housing providers in assigned county
• Perform property and resident management duties for an assigned portfolio of master leased scattered and single sites within a specified region or county
• Oversee and coordinate move and relocation activities including ensuring all paperwork for landlord is complete, scheduling of lease signings and move-in dates, coordinating delivery of furniture, turning on utilities, copying keys and other housing related duties as needed
• Ensure properties are physically maintained and meet habitability and safety standards in accordance with program regulations and First Place guidelines.
• Conduct move-in/out, annual and special inspections including lead paint assessments. Document condition of units and work with landlords, vendors and maintenance staff to perform necessary work.
• Submit to the Housing Manager for approval proposals with budgets for any repairs, maintenance, improvements, materials, equipment, purchases exceeding $500 and all proposed appliance purchases
• Oversee all maintenance, repairs and unit turnovers in accordance with established Maintenance Policy and Procedure which includes receiving requests, opening work orders and tracking progress in the property management database, inspecting or verifying work is completed correctly, and closing out work order documenting expenses
• Assist with the eviction process in accordance with landlord/tenant laws including serving notices, preparing legal files, coordinating lock-outs, and proper disposal of property
• Source and maintain vendor relationships adhering to First Place requirements
• Maintain master key system, update key log, track lock changes and obtain new keys
• When applicable, manage rent collection process and damage charges for residents
Administration and Compliance
• Review and track all master leases at inception and ongoing. Determine lease terms are correct and acceptable and follow First Place lease routing requirements. Track and maintain database of each lease obligation, rent, fees, end and/or renewal dates
• Maintain as current all electronic and hard copy resident, landlord, vendor and work order files in accordance with program regulations and First Place guidelines
• Update daily/weekly property management software, tracking systems and program databases to support property, resident and program evaluation and outcomes tracking. This also includes confirming program funding source is accurate and updated.
• Ensure timely and accurate resident, landlord, property, slating, and vacancy information, inspection and work order data and housing issues and resolutions and notes
• Review monthly landlords and residents rent roll for accuracy and update to reflect all rent increases, proration's and correct funding sources
• Complete and timely process required department paperwork including leases, notices, tenant close-outs, landlord close-outs, check requests, invoices and reports
• Adhere to all fair housing, ADA, landlord/tenant and program laws/regulations
• Attend weekly program meetings, monthly agency staff meetings, and individual weekly supervision with Housing Manager
• Participate in slating activities providing accurate information on units and vacancies
• Assist in negotiation of rents, collect and keep on file income certifications, calculations of subsidies and lease approval for participants master leases/direct lease contracts. Provide notices of contract renewals and rental adjustments
• Partner and Community Relations
• Will be the point of contact for landlords responding to questions and issues
• Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization and within respective department providing information and follow-up
• Cultivate, preserve and exercise professional and responsive external relations with vendors, landlords, neighbors, and other community partners
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree preferred or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates a capacity to secure and manage housing in a supportive housing program
• Two years of experience working in affordable housing and/or residential property management setting
• Working knowledge of landlord-tenant, fair housing, and ADA laws with the ability to comprehend regulatory and legal agreements, contracts and housing industry publications. Subsidized housing regulation experience desired.
• Experience working with resident service providers preferred
• Working knowledge of work order systems and basic apartment maintenance
• Ability to organize and manage processes and facilitate schedules and logistics
• Proficient in Microsoft Work, Excel & Outlook and Property Management or data tracking software.
• Excellent customer service skills
• High level accuracy and personal accountability for the quality and impact of work
• Excellent communication skills, professional demeanor, sound judgment, and strong organizational skills
• Capacity to work independently in the field, and a willingness to work collaboratively
• Must have a dependable car, valid driver's license, and proof of insurance
• Must be able to pass a Community Care Licensing background check
First Place is seeking an energetic property management professional to assist with managing the day-to-day operations of housing for a diverse population of young adults. The selected candidate will work closely with the Housing…