Manager of External Affairs / Senior Grant Writer
- Job posted by Global Alliance for TB Drug Development
Details: Commensurate with experience
40 Wall Street
Overview of the position:
This position serves as a key member of the External Affairs department and reports to the Director of External Affairs. The position focuses primarily on institutional fundraising and grant management from bilateral and multilateral funding sources including US Government Agencies, the European Union and emerging BRICS country health research and development.
Resource Mobilization and Prospect Research: 60%
· Pursue funding opportunities with US Government agencies including CDC, NIH, Department of Defense, BARDA, USAID and other emerging health initiatives. Provide competitor analysis and proposal strategy.
· Pursue funding opportunities with the EU including EDCTP, DFID and Horizon2020 and its successor program. Provide competitor analysis and proposal strategy.
· Pursue funding for target BRICS countries.
· Proposal development: Coordinate and team lead creation of concept papers, letters of intent and proposals for a portfolio of donors. Coordinate with other units of TB Alliance to gather and synthesize information required for proposals.
Program Management: 40%
· As assigned, manage existing donor relationships including narrative reporting, regular updates and coordination of other TB Alliance departments to comply with donor requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or public health/international development... An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five years relevant professional experience, including a proven track record in resource mobilization and grant management.
- Broad knowledge of (global health) R&D funding landscape is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) complex, highly technical issues in a concise, compelling, and easily understandable manner.
- Skilled in successfully working in a team environment and across functional units.
- Demonstrated ability to influence up, down and across an organization to achieve your goal.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize deadlines, function independently and work in fast-moving environments and teams, while maintaining focus.
TB Alliance offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Minimum Education Required