1828 Yale Avenue
YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first shelters to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
YouthCare is currently seeking Program Manager – Engagement Services at our Orion Center location. Under the supervision of the Director of Engagement Services, the Program Manager - Engagement Services will oversee and coordinate all aspects of outreach programming for young people experiencing homelessness and runaway young people. This includes street outreach, community-based outreach, robust meal program, and on-site drop-in center.
Successful candidates will have:
· 3 or more years of experience working with young people experiencing homelessness and runaway young people.
· 3 or more years in a supervisory position, preferably in with case managers and/or outreach setting
· Deep understanding of care philosophy including harm reduction, positive youth development, and conflict resolution.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements.
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Program Manager - Engagement Services