Details: Salary is commensurate with experience
922 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston Youth Symphony Orchestras (BYSO) is seeking an Executive Assistant (EA) to provide high-level support to its Executive Director (ED).
The EA’s primary responsibility is to aid the ED with all aspects relating to BYSO’s Board of Directors, perform administrative and artistic duties, and handle general office management responsibilities.
BYSO Board of Director Duties:
· Schedule and handle all logistics for BYSO Board of Director meetings, committee meetings, and special events
· Prepare, maintain, and distribute documents for the Board, and the Executive, Governance, and Facilities committees
· Create presentations and materials for Board and committee meetings
· Interact with Board as needed
Responsibilities to ED:
· Conduct a variety of research, handle information inquiries, and draft correspondence for the ED
· Maintain sensitive files
· Maintain the ED’s schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, calls, and travel
· Track budgets, expenses and credit card reconciliation for the ED
· Liaise and assist BYSO Music Director
· Perform research for the annual semi-staged opera production
· Liaise with artist managers and arts organizations during the search for singers
· Organize auditions for opera singers
· Manage the hiring process of artists, including drafting contracts
· Create budgets for opera expenses, keep track of expenses, and reconcile after the production
· Liaise with administrative and artistic staff at all levels
· Take charge of facilities needs including equipment repair and maintenance through property management company and other vendors
· Manage office needs
· Other duties as needed
The EA should be highly organized, flexible, capable of successfully juggling multiple priorities and projects, and have a high level of confidentiality. This position is ideal for a person with interest in arts administration and/or interest in working for a non-profit musical organization.
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Administrative experience required
· Experience working for a non-profit organization desirable
· Background in classical music a plus
· Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
· Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
· Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
· Ability to multitask and prioritize several projects at once
· Experience coordinating travel arrangements
Benefits are included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and references to BYSOApplications@gmail.com and note Executive Assistant in the subject line.