ABOUT THE ROLE
Senior Associates at Instiglio will gain expertise in developing components of RBF instruments while playing a leading role in our projects; gaining and bringing a thorough understanding of different design choices, independently assessing tradeoffs, and making recommendations for our technical designs.
Senior Associates will guide stakeholders and clients through difficult yet important adaptations of their practices, translating complex concepts into understandable insights. Senior Associates will also build rapport with clients by understanding their needs and adding value to their mission. Within the team, they work directly with our project managers and leads to deliver high-quality services and will eventually have the opportunity to lead teams. Tasks may include:
WHERE WOULD YOU BE LOCATED? Our offices in Nairobi, Kenya.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Describing and interpreting graphs, analyzing data and applying statistical concepts (e.g. mean, SD, regressions) to draw actionable insights/hypotheses.
- Proposing and structuring data analyses and testing hypotheses.
- Building/executing change management plans for clients and stakeholders in the public, private and social sectors using clear and effective communication.
- Participating and eventually leading the creation of proposals and client deliverables.
- Analyzing/understanding all the dimensions of Results-Based Financing including economic concepts.
- Actively improving our Results-Based Financing services and our delivery approaches.
- Developing from scratch technical components of Results-Based Financing instruments, assessing the considerations and trade-offs unique to each design.
- Design and delegate activities and tasks to achieve the most effective results within the team.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- Work permit: Please note you must have the right to work in Kenya for this position. If you are not allocated in Kenya and you do have a work permit, write this down in your curriculum.
- Experience: At least 4 years of relevant work experience in international development and/or in the public sector
- BA degree in economics, development economics, statistics, or related fields
- Master’s degree in economics, international development or related fields
- Language skills:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English - C1
- Skills needed for the position: Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving, structured-thinking, and people skills:
- Senior Associates are expected to adeptly develop complex analytical frameworks and have exceptional working proficiency of the most common analytical principals (e.g. MECE) to give structure to the analysis
- Strong people skills. This person can relate well with people from different backgrounds, build trust, and solve problems.
- Experience: Work experience in consultancy
- Knowledge: Knowledge of Results-Based financing mechanisms and/or experience related to the field
- Language: preferred language skills in French
- Skills needed for the position:
- RBF analytical skills: Senior Associates are expected to apply RBF-related frameworks and design from scratch most of the components of RBF models with slight supervision from the manager.