Details: commensurate with experience and qualifications
Position Description: Reporting to and working with the Executive Director, the Office Manager/Executive Assistant will support the logistical, operational, and communication details of the organization, maximizing the leader’s time and advancing the organization’s strategic goals. They will be responsible for all aspects of office management for a small international nonprofit headquarters, including filing, answering the phone, ordering supplies, correspondence, mailings, database management, organizing office space and other general office duties as assigned. This position also includes support of fund raising and volunteer activities including donor relations, event management, and recruiting and coordinating volunteers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Administration & Office Management:
- Track inventory, order office supplies and serve as point of contact for vendors;
- Organize and oversee equipment maintenance, repair and all IT issues; including the implementation of new office systems and software;
- Provide organizational and administrative support to Board and committees including scheduling meetings, coordinating and disseminating relevant materials, and following up on materials owed;
- For US and Niger offices: maintain personnel records and procedure manuals, schedule staff evaluations;
- Coordinate payroll processing with outside provider;
- Manage office calendar including arranging travel (international and domestic), meetings and appointments, track relevant deadlines;
- Answer the phone, handle office correspondence and mail retrieval;
- Maintain legal, contractual and other organization deadlines with Board Secretary;
- Recruit, train, schedule and supervise volunteers;
- Maintain office filing system, archives and records;
- Represent RAIN in a positive manner and communicating efficiently, professionally and cordially in all circumstances;
Event and Fundraising Support:
- Use Donor Management database to input gifts, track donor data and interactions, produce relevant reports;
- Managing grantor and individual donor data and producing reports;
- Oversee mailing logistics for Annual Appeal and other direct mail efforts;
- Oversee organization of events to foster relationships with supporters and for fundraising purposes including online auctions and craft sales -- Annual Event will be organized in concert with the Event Committee;
- Manage online auctions and crafts sales as well as order fulfillment;
- Assisting grant writer in tracking grants and grant reporting;
- Compile data from field staff and submit timely reports to grantors;
- Organizing and tracking donations and fundraising efforts, including large and small events and sales and direct mail appeals.
- As may from time to time be necessary or assigned.
- Dedication to RAIN’s mission and vision and the communities it serves;
- B.A. or equivalent in work experience -- 3 years proven administrative experience preferred;
- Highly organized yet flexible - adept at working on multiple projects concurrently and adapting in a fast paced environment;
- Commitment to moving projects forward while maintaining attention to detail;
- Capacity to work efficiently and effectively, meet timelines in achieving goals;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion;
- Ability to develop trusted, effective and multi-directional working relationships with diverse multicultural constituencies, including ED, board of directors, staff, volunteers and other stakeholders;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with office software including MSOffice Suite, database management, & mail merges -- comfortable learning new computer programs;
- Proficiency in oral and written French desirable;
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally, when hauling displays/materials to tabling or workshop events.
Employees typically work remotely on Fridays. Additional flexibility in working remotely/work hours can be discussed.
Vacation accrues at a rate of .83 days/month (2 weeks/year). Additionally, there are 10 paid holidays annually.
All necessary office equipment, furnishings, and supplies will be provided.
After 60 days, the Employee is eligible for a monthly Health Care contribution of up to $300 for a health plan of the Employee’s choice.
Level of Language Proficiency
Full fluency in oral and written English a must. Proficiency in oral and written French desirable.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your first and last name and “Office Manager” in the subject line. Please do not send hard copy materials – only materials sent to the appropriate email address will be considered.
Interviews will take place beginning October 16th.