The Grants Research Associate will work with the Grant Writing Manager to assist with the preparation of compelling grant reports, proposals, and other philanthropic communications. This person will be critical to building the team’s technical capacity, doing research to strengthen the case for support in all of our writing; working with management, operations, and field staff to interpret results from the field for an external audience; and helping to manage internal timelines and collection of information from across the organization.
Grant Proposal Technical Development (40%)
- Supports grant writing proposal development, including:
- Researching relevant external sources such as competition landscape, sector research studies, donor language and interests, etc. to help build cases for support.
- Gathering necessary financial and programmatic data from relevant Root Capital program and operations teams.
- Gathering information from internal staff and external partners in order to design grant attachments and other supplemental materials such as data graphics, timelines, Gantt charts, etc.
- Packaging and submitting proposals electronically or physically.
- Maintains detailed proposal data in Salesforce.
Grant Reporting (40%)
- Supports grant report development according to specifications of donor contracts, including:
- Gathering information on program implementation from other Root Capital teams in Cambridge and field offices.
- Collecting, manipulating, and analyzing data related to lending and advisory activities, in coordination with Operations team.
- Maintains familiarity with Root Capital program areas and priorities.
Donor Research and Administrative Support (20%)
- Designs and produces relevant presentation materials for funder meetings, including writing briefings for senior staff meeting with funders.
- Tracks reporting needs for current funding relationships, maintains data in Salesforce.
- Coordinates donor research and data entry undertaken by outside vendor, ensuring quality and relevance to the grant writing team.
Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required; Spanish language skills a strong plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply by using the form on Root Capital's website