About College Visions:
College Visions (CV) empowers low-income, first-generation students in Rhode Island to enroll in college, persist, and earn a degree. Founded in 2004, CV was piloted with 10 students and has grown to reach over 400 young people annually. 97% of participants enroll in college and 65% earn a degree within 6 years, far surpassing local and national norms. For more information, see www.collegevisions.org.
Why College Visions?
CV is a dynamic organization with a dedicated staff of nine and an energetic, supportive, and challenging work environment. We have an outstanding record of success and ambitious plans for growth. The CAPD has the opportunity to lead an experienced team of advisors and guide many more low-income, first-generation youth to navigate the admissions process, make college choices that promote completion, and earn a college degree.
The Operations Director is responsible for leading all College Visions (CV) operations, including managing organizational finances; maintaining office space and fixed assets; administering human resources systems; and filing personnel, business, and legal documents.
Management: The Operations Director reports to the Executive Director.
Hours: This is an exempt full-time position.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Operations Director manages finances in accordance with organizational policies.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director to develop the annual budget
• Carry out bookkeeping and work with the external controller to reconcile financial records
• Maintain organized and accessible financial records
• Produce finance reports for the Board
• Collaborate with the Treasurer and Executive Director to prepare finance presentations to the Board
• Facilitate the preparation of year-end finance reports, audit, and tax filings
• File all reports required by local, state, and federal government
• Secure insurance coverage to safeguard organizational resources
• Review vendor relationships periodically to ensure resources are used in a responsible, cost-effective manner
• Facilitate the periodic review of finance policies
• Serve on the Board Finance Committee
Office + IT
The Operations Director maintains an organized, well-resourced office space and information technology systems to support staff in achieving the organization’s goals.
• Manage the upkeep of all information technology systems and assets, including desktop and laptop hardware and software; network and electronic file storage; database; and phone system
• Ensure electronic data and document storage is appropriately accessible and secure
• Maintain the CV office, furniture, and other fixed assets
• Purchase and organize supplies
The Operations Director plays a lead role in defining and nurturing the culture of the organization. This is accomplished by developing a staff community and administering human resource policies in accordance with CV’s values and relevant law.
• Administer payroll and employee benefits
• Maintain organized and accessible personnel records
• Create, implement, and document CV’s practices on various human resource functions including new staff orientation, benefits eligibility, time tracking, and FLSA compliance
• Collaborate with the Executive Director to periodically review of CV’s Human Resources Handbook, which states personnel policies
• Engage in ongoing learning on best practices in non-profit administration
• Strive for excellence, reflect on challenges, and celebrate victories
Programming, Fundraising, Administration + Other Activities
• Assist with events, staff trainings, program evaluation, student recruitment, community workshops, and other activities
• Contribute to the development of new strategic initiatives
• Promote CV in Rhode Island and in the college access sector
• Handle administrative tasks including maintenance of records, adherence to financial and HR policies
About College Visions:
College Visions (CV) empowers low-income, first-generation students in Rhode Island to enroll in college, persist, and earn a degree. Founded in 2004, CV was piloted with 10 students and has grown to reach over 400 young…