Location: Business Center
Reports To: Executive Director
The Women’s and Children’s Crisis Shelter, Inc. (WCCS) is seeking a full-time bilingual (English/Spanish) Outreach Advocate to promote safety and empowerment of victims of domestic violence by providing resource & referrals to non-shelter clients, individual case management along with crisis intervention, facilitate support groups, provide community awareness presentations.
· Answer client business center calls;
· Provides resource and referrals to clients;
· Ensure our services are well publicized in the community;
· Assures development of monthly Case Management Plan(s) of 24-32 client caseload;
· Provides direct crisis intervention to clients;
· Able to effectively safety plan with survivors of domestic violence;
· Facilitates support groups for clients in both English and Spanish including but not limited to domestic violence, parenting and various life skills topics;
· Facilitates community presentations on domestic violence;
· Updates and maintains referral book;
· Files child abuse referrals when necessary;
· Develop ongoing referral relationships with health, legal and social service system;
· Supervise volunteer(s) or intern(s);
· Notifies supervisor of urgent program needs, client non-compliance, emergency situation, and program progress;
· Provide monthly, quarterly and annual statistic reports to supervisor regarding the program;
· Maintains a written record of operations in a timely manner through class sign-in sheets, client log, client files and client service activity sheets;
· Providing emergency response occasionally to assist a local police office or local emergency room with a domestic violence victim;
· Attends staff meetings and in-service trainings as needed;
· Performs additional duties as requested by supervisor.
· Must have great understanding of confidentiality and ethical conduct, have good writing skills, and be a self starter as well as a team player.
- BA/BS from accredited college or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 1-year outreach experience and facilitation experience preferred
- State of California forty-hour Domestic Violence Training Certificate preferred;
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred;
· Cultural sensitivity;
· Knowledge of family structure and community dynamics of population served;
· Ability to accept diverse personal and cultural behaviors;
· Must exhibit flexibility, mature judgment, confidence and competence;
· Good writing and communication skills;
· Must have current California Driver’s License, good driving record and current automobile insurance.
Salary: $38,000 yearly
Hours: Full-time generally Monday-Friday to cover business center hours, with variable work schedule for 1-2 evenings a week and monthly 1-2 weekend day to present at a community event or do community outreach. Non-exempt.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: HR@dvshelter.org
Closing Date: This position will remain open until filled.
**No phone calls, please**
Women’s and Children’s Crisis Shelter
“Women’s and Children’s Crisis Shelter is committed to provide safety, shelter and hope to victims of domestic violence.”
WCCS is an equal opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated by WCCS on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer-related or HIV/AIDS conditions), gender, genetic characteristics or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
After 90 days of employment you will have the option to enroll in health, dental, and vision insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required