400 Liberty Avenue
Position: Health Home Care Manager
Program/Department: Health Home Care Management
Work Location: 400 Liberty Avenue, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11207
Hours: Full Time
As members of the Care Management Team, Health Home Care Managers provide a wide range of direct and indirect support services to clients to help access services, engage and maintain medical care, and achieve positive outcomes. Care Managers can also promote the empowerment of clients, and assist with care management activities.
· Conduct case finding and engagement of new health home referrals.
· Encourage client empowerment through peer education and support.
· Assist clients in accessing and negotiating service systems.
· Assist clients with translation, clarifying treatment plans and medical care, and providing advocacy to ensure access and receipt of services.
· Perform regular home visits to assess clients’ living environments to ensure appropriate housing.
· As part of the outreach work, build caseloads, find clients lost to contact, and contact clients to help keep them engaged in care and services.
· Complete case record documentation of client contacts and complete initial assessments/reassessments and ensure case records for clients are in order, along with entering paperwork/documentation in electronic health record system. Documentation training will be completed once on staff.
· Assist Care Management Team in completion, tracking and timely follow-up on paperwork for client entitlements through different service systems.
· Engage clients’ collaterals in order to encourage and promote collaboration in order to insure a successful outcome.
· Perform various clerical duties including filing, running Medicaid checks, assembling and disassembling charts, developing client contact sheet, updating client caseload, completing team weekly reporting form at weekly team meetings, and assisting the team in compiling information for the monthly report, etc.
BA degree required. Spanish/English bilingual a plus. Related experience required, outreach experience preferred. Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations.
Medical insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance; 23 accrued vacation days and 12 sick days, life insurance coverage paid by employer, pre-tax commuter benefits, 403b retirement plan as well as training and professional development opportunities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Orlando Mendoza – Division Director