1010 Washington Blvd.
Are you a creative marketing force and/or super publicist who wants to use your "powers" for good? Do you want to help create a country where every community is a clean, green and beautiful place to live, work and play? Interested in making an environmental, economic and social impact on urban, suburban and rural communities all over America?
Keep America Beautiful (http://www.kab.org), the nation's iconic community improvement nonprofit organization, is looking for a brand steward to join our team!
Here's a taste of what you'll be asked to do:
- Ensure messaging consistently supports positioning, helping to advance our fight to End Littering, Improve Recycling and Beautify America's Communities.
- Provide primary marketing communications planning, project management and activation for Keep America Beautiful's signature programs: the Great American Cleanup, Cigarette Litter Prevention Program, America Recycles Day and the “Be Recycled” public service advertising campaign.
- Develop and execute advertising, public relations, promotions, social media and digital marketing strategies and tactics to support national brand reputation, enhance key programs and initiatives, and drive individual and corporate giving and volunteerism.
- Support Development team in sponsor stewardship to demonstrate power of Keep America Beautiful’s impact and return on investment in communities nationwide.
- Partner with Affiliate Service & Operations team to support, empower and expand the Keep America Beautiful Affiliate Network.
- Lead external "consumer"-facing communications and internal communications among key stakeholders (affiliates, corporate partners, government entities, elected officials, industry associations, nonprofit partners, etc.)
- Member of integrated marketing services and solutions team for entire organization, working with external advertising, social media, PR and digital agencies for Keep America Beautiful as well as those of our sponsors and partners.
- Other duties as assigned, such as proofreading, editing and other organizational tasks.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience at an advertising, public relations, social media or related creative-driven marketing agency or equivalent in-house, client-side experience.
- Nonprofit experience not required.
- Digital-first approach and attitude.
- Ability to make modest budgets feel BIG!
- Experience engaging diverse, multicultural and multigenerational audiences a MUST!
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication abilities.
- Experience using Salesforce, among other database management skills, preferred.
- Time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Collaborative spirit, sense of humor.
- Requires travel up to 20% (primarily regional and national).
- Knowledge of computers and technology, proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook 365, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree.
Persons with national service experience (VISTA, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and veterans are encouraged to apply. Keep America Beautiful is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ancestry, marital status, being a party to a civil union, handicap or disabilities or perception of disabilities, political activity, or other protected class status. Discrimination in violation of this policy is prohibited.
Location and Benefits:
- Position is based in Stamford, CT national headquarters (walking distance from Metro-North, free parking garage in building)
- Strong compensation and benefits package, including flex schedule option.
- Free gym in building.
- Near great restaurants, bars, shopping and beautiful Mill River Park.
Minimum Education Required