275 5th Street
About the Role
The Campaigns Coordinator plans and executes all of our national online campaigns and on-the-ground actions, most notably Think Before You Pink® (TB4UP), which calls for accountability and transparency in mainstream pink ribbon marketing and culture. In addition to our annual TB4UP corporate campaign, we do year-round policy, advocacy and educational campaigns on key breast cancer issues. This person will work closely with other key staff and organizational partners to identify both rapid response and proactive campaigns.
The Coordinator works to expand and engage our diverse national membership. In addition to running online campaigns, the Campaigns Coordinator develops webinars and other educational materials in support of our work. This is an exciting opportunity for a proven grassroots digital organizer who is eager to work collaboratively in pursuit of big goals.
The Campaigns Coordinator is a full time, salaried position based in San Francisco and reports to the Executive Director.
Take action: Develop and implement online grassroots campaigns from start to finish
· Develop campaign strategy and project plans for all of our corporate, educational, and legislative campaigns;
· Execute effective campaigns to mobilize national membership and attract media attention in order to achieve programmatic wins;
· Lead the development and execution of our annual Think Before You Pink campaign;
· Identify and evaluate potential campaigns and direct actions, and seek stakeholder input;
· Manage all aspects of our campaigns, including writing ealerts and other collateral, keeping to timeline, coordinating tasks across staff, tracking goals, etc.
Organize: Engage and expand our membership and build organizational partnerships
· Expand and engage Breast Cancer Action’s national grassroots membership;
· Represent Breast Cancer Action in partner coalitions and build new relationships;
· Recruit and manage key volunteer leaders, most notably from our Community Leaders program.
Educate: Develop and disseminate evidence-based educational materials
· Develop and disseminate engaging and inspiring educational and campaign materials;
· Manage our educational webinar series on a wide range of breast cancer topics;
· Contribute content to newsletter, e-alerts, website, social media, reports, etc.
· Research and stay informed about breast cancer issues central to Breast Cancer Action’s mission and work, including and not limited to the links between environmental toxins and breast cancer, fracking and dangerous drilling, healthcare access, FDA approval process, regulatory protections, etc.;
· Serve as an inspiring advocate, educator, and spokesperson.
Other duties as needed, including and not limited to:
· Support organizational mission and strategic priorities;
· Bring social justice analysis and grounding to all work;
· Participate in cross-departmental collaboration and support;
· Assist in developing and keeping to Program budget.
Applicants should have a demonstrated understanding of and commitment to women’s health issues from a feminist perspective, social and environmental justice, and grassroots organizing. The successful applicant is a talented and strategic grassroots organizer with demonstrated experience running online campaigns, is a powerful communicator and strong facilitator who can engage diverse stakeholders, is self-motivated and an excellent multi-tasker, and enthusiastically embraces the mission and work of Breast Cancer Action.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time, juggling short-term and long-term tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment;
· Ability to inspire others and motivate a diverse range of individuals to take action and strong people coordination skills;
· Ability to communicate accurately and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences;
· Passionate and enthusiastic about our work, with a proactive, can-do attitude;
· Honest and earns trust through actions and living up to agreements and meeting goals;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, combining listening skills and self-awareness;
· Quick learner with the ability to proficiently learn new information and skills;
· Exceptional judgement and willingness to ask for help;
· Sense of humor and willingness to take self lightly while working hard;
· Ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
The Campaigns Coordinator is a full-time exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage and three weeks paid vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted on rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled. Please email your resume and a detailed cover letter, highlighting relevant experience along with your salary requirements, to email@example.com using the subject line "Campaigns Coordinator." Please include a writing sample that provides evidence of your ability to clearly communicate complex information in an accessible way (no longer than 4 pages). No phone calls please. People of color, gender and sexual minorities and people with a personal experience with cancer are strongly encouraged to apply.