7700 Sand Point Way Northeast
The Mountaineers is currently searching for a new Facility Associate to support our growing community of outdoor enthusiasts and event rental clients. The Facility Associate performs a range of building maintenance and event support tasks; including general and preventative cleaning and maintenance, room set up and customer service. This position reports directly to the Facilities Manager and Events Manager.
Room Set Up and Event Services
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service; anticipating and responding to client’s requests and set up requirements.
- Sets up and takes down furniture and AV equipment according to client’s request.
- Assists staff and/or volunteers for room set-ups, special displays, exhibits and room temperature.
- Assists with room preparations including but not limited to: demonstrating lights and temperature controls, AV equipment, and rearranging furniture.
- Prepare and replenish coffee service for clients.
- Maintains inventory of event furnishings and equipment and works with the Facility Manager to ensure adequate levels of inventory and maintenance of equipment.
- Cleans/sanitizes facility premises and work areas. Uses maintenance and cleaning supplies to clean walls, floors, restroom areas, furniture and fixtures.
- Dusts and vacuums all offices and common spaces; as well as general maintenance needed; light bulbs, moving and arranging of office furniture and polishing of applicable metalwork as needed.
- Removes and disposes of waste. All trash bins, shredders and recycling bins are emptied throughout the day and containers are sanitized weekly.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Passion for the mission of The Mountaineers, and ability to exemplify the organization’s values. Strong desire and ability to work in a diverse, team-centric goal-focused environment.
- Ability and aptitude to carry out a schedule of maintenance plan.
- Able and willing to work alone in a large building and on the outside grounds at non-standard hours.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to handle cleaning chemicals and solvents daily.
- Valid Driver's License
- Willing and able to submit and pass a back ground check for approval to work with unaccompanied youth
- Experience working with volunteers preferred.
- The employee must be able to lift 75lbs. with proper assistance and tools.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, kneel, bend, and climb ladders and stairs and consistently lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a part-time position with on-demand weekday afternoons and evenings as well as weekend shifts. Weekly hours will not exceed 30 hours. Candidate must be willing to work early mornings starting at 6:30 am on weekends or late nights until 12:00 am depending on client demands throughout the week. Work hours can also fluctuate during high season (Fall, Winter, Spring) and low Summer seasons.Additionally, all candidates are expected to attend a one-hour staff and facilities meeting every other week throughout the year.
- Holiday pay:10 days per year (for a normal work day)
- Mountaineers membership for individual/family
- Pro-Deal Discounts for outdoor gear
- New Mountaineers titles - free
- Discount at Mountaineers bookstore (50%)
- Two comp Mountaineers courses per year. Additional comp courses available at the discretion and approval of the committee.
- Two free tickets to The Mountaineers events
- Transportation subsidy for employees that walk, bike, bus or carpool to work more than 60% of the time.
- 401k plan
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Cultivating an inclusive staff is central to The Mountaineers focus on advancing equity. Our core values are Adventure, Advocacy, Community, Education, and Volunteerism, and we believe a diverse and inclusive environment inspires unity, respect, and passion for our work and one another. We’re interested in hearing from people who can work with colleagues of varied experience and background. The Mountaineers is an equal-opportunity employer, and candidates from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email a resume and a cover letter explaining (1) what experience, skills, and personal characteristics qualify you for this position and (2) why the mission and work of The Mountaineers appeals to you. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About The Mountaineers
The Mountaineers was formed in 1906 to explore the wild areas and peaks in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. With 12,000 members and seven branches from Olympia to Bellingham, The Mountaineers enjoys an outstanding reputation in its field and in the community. Our dedicated staff, members, and volunteers are deeply committed to successfully accomplishing our mission. Each year nearly 1,600 volunteers deliver outdoor skill courses to 2,500 students and lead 2,000+ recreational trips and courses. In addition, we advocate for access and protection of recreational lands. Last year we helped protect 30,000 acres of public land in Washington State. The organization has also published 300 outdoor recreation and conservation advocacy books. Our mission is to enrich the lives of the community by helping people explore, conserve, learn about, and enjoy the wild lands and waters of the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Please visit the other pages on our website for in-depth information about our organization, activities, programs, and mission.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Mountaineers provides equal employment opportunities to all people regardless of race, age, gender, ability, marital status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or any other basis protected by law.