1200 Wilshire Boulevard
The Association of Community Human Service Agencies (ACHSA) represents over 90 nonprofit community mental health, child welfare, and juvenile justice agencies throughout Los Angeles County. ACHSA interfaces with the County Departments of Mental Health, Children and Family Services, and Probation in pursuit of more effective service delivery systems. For additional information regarding ACHSA, please go to our website at www.achsa.net.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision and guidance of the Executive Director, the Mental Health Policy Director is responsible for specific assigned projects and the staffing of various ongoing and ad hoc mental health related committees and work groups as appropriate. The Mental Health Policy Director will have the opportunity to influence the development of public policy related to the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the staffing of three ongoing and various ad hoc committees and work groups.
2. Responsible for formulating sound responses and plans of action to address specific mental health programmatic, contract, and fiscal policy issues, in consultation with the Executive Director.
3. Responsible for implementing selected portions of the Association's Annual Work Plan.
4. Represents the Association at selected community meetings in the place of the Executive Director, as needed.
1. A Master's level degree and experience in policy development, management and/or advocacy in mental health, child welfare, juvenile justice, or a related field. An advanced degree in public policy/administration, law, social work, or a related field is highly desirable.
2. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills, and ability to work on a number of complex projects at the same time.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative while working under the overall guidance of the Executive Director, and provide the proper balance of support and leadership for Membership committees comprised of agency leaders and executive staff.
5. Technical competency and knowledge of Los Angeles County mental health, child welfare, and juvenile justice issues highly desirable.
Please send cover letter, salary history, and resume to:
Email: leslie@askanasHRC.com Fax: (310) 496-1992
Paid vacation, paid holidays, health/dental/vision coverage, 403(b) retirement fund, Section 125 Cafeteria Plan offered
Minimum Education Required