2 Boylston Street, 3rd Floor
The International Institute of New England (IINE) is a non-profit organization that provides humanitarian relief, education, skills training, job placement, family reunification and pathways to citizenship for 2,000 immigrants and refugees each year. We work in Boston and Lowell, Massachusetts, and Manchester, New Hampshire.
IINE is the oldest and second largest resettlement agency in the region and has the largest Central American family reunification program in Greater Boston. More than 500 refugees and immigrants enroll in our education programs annually, and each year we connect hundreds of new Americans to jobs in New England companies.
A dynamic, forward-looking, smart and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. We are excited to share the career opportunity below and look forward to receiving your application!
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
The Manager of Grants and Foundation Relations is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to private foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate IINE’s mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Manager of Grants and Foundation Relations assembles and submits grant requests, establishes and maintains personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conducts prospect research, and maintains a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
The Manager of Grants and Foundation Relations also works collaboratively with the development office staff to write IINE’s annual appeal letters, the annual report, newsletters, website content, and other marketing materials.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, English, journalism or similar field
- At least 3 years of grant writing or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to persuasively articulate IINE's mission, program objectives, and funding needs to a range of potential donors
- Exemplary interpersonal skills: ability to collaborate effectively with staff across departments and in culturally diverse settings
- Strong interest in refugees and immigrants
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work under tight deadlines
- A professional with a growth mindset and a high level of personal and professional accountability
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills; prior experience with, or willingness to learn, Adobe Creative Suite desktop publishing tools and Salesforce customer relationship management software.
- Willingness to perform administrative functions as needed, such as filing, photocopying, routine donor correspondence, and database management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including proposal narratives, budgets, and attachments
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers
- Ensure prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and reports
- Lead a weekly meeting to provide updates on submission, award, and prospecting statuses and preparing and disseminating a weekly report
- Conduct prospect research
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner
- Support IINE development office activities by writing appeals, newsletters, and other content
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at iine.org/careers or using the application at the link below: