3639 Martin Luther King Junior Way South
Asian Counseling and Referral Service, a non-profit organization, promotes social justice and the well-being and empowerment of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and other underserved communities - including immigrants, refugees, and American-born - by developing, providing and advocating for innovative, effective and efficient community-based multilingual and multicultural services.
Department: Behavioral Health
Supervisor Title: Program Manager
PURPOSE: Supervises the work of Mental Health Clinical Case Managers and assigned coordinator to ensure the delivery of culturally competent and recovery oriented case management and counseling services for members of the Asian Pacific American community living with a mental illness. Ensures and supports staff in provision of program services that are holistic, person-centered, and strengths-based with the goal of helping individuals to live a meaningful and independent life and reach recovery in the community. Supervises and monitors specialized mental health program areas as assigned. Performs services in compliance with agency policies and with contract and regulatory standards and requirement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plans and directs work assignments for bilingual, culturally competent direct-service staff: monitors performance of assigned staff and conducts timely performance reviews; approves salary increases per agency budget and policies. Takes corrective action to ensure high quality consumer services, including input to dismiss employee; resolves complaints and grievances lodged by assigned staff.
- Responsible for screening, interviewing and hiring new employees. Trains and orients new employees on program work assignments as well as agency policies and procedures. Plans, develops, and conducts training both in-house and in the community: provides and arranges for formal staff training; provides on-going consultation to staff; arranges for appropriate case consultation by other professionals, as needed.
- Plans, directs, and supervises specialized mental health programs (e.g. intake, housing, wellness program, etc.).
- Ensures staff in developing and implementing person-centered, recovery based service care plans with attention to cultural relevance and competency, and advises in procedures and regulations. Monitors staff paperwork flow, opening of cases, clinical documentation in case files and termination of cases. Record staff attendance to group consultations and in-service training. Participates actively and punctually in training, meetings, consultations, and conferences.
- Participates in development of community resources, services and projects.
- Attends meetings and conferences as appropriate.
- Performs specialized mental health treatment, crisis intervention, clinical consultation, medication coordination with medical staff.
- Direct service and documentation. Provides home visit services and client transportation services as necessary and appropriate.
- Coordinates with other organizations/service providers/professionals in the community regarding client care coordination.
- Participates in overall quality assurance process for mental health program through 90-day reviews, quality assurance case review and follow-up, and membership on QA Team or other committee.
- Act as back-up to other supervisors.
- Actively and punctually participates in training, meetings, supervision and conferences.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Regularly required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Work is performed primarily in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Registered/licensed WA State Mental Health Professional with ethnic minority mental health specialization within two years (as per WAC requirements);
Master’s degree in social work or behavioral sciences plus two (2) years providing direct human services and one (1) year of direct supervisory experience;
- Ability to provide effective and respectful quality care and services that are responsive to diverse cultural beliefs and practices. Prefer fluency in Asian/Pacific Islander language.
- Knowledge of: social casework program development and administration, theory, practice and principles of social work as applied to mental/emotional illness; principles and characteristics of mental/emotional illness, social/ economic problems, trends, and the community support model; bicultural interviewing and teaching techniques.
- Ability to: work under pressure; plan and direct work of others; teach and train staff; determine program needs; to develop survey tool; speak and write clearly; effectively, organize work.
- Effective ability to navigate a personal computer. Competency in use of the Microsoft Office and other relevant software for word processing, calendaring, email, and data entry. Efficiently research and perform various tasks via the internet.
Full-Time/Part-Time : Full-Time
Location: Asian Counseling and Referral Service - Main Office
EOE Statement: Asian Counseling and Referral Service is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons of disability. ACRS does not and will not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, use of a service animal, military or veteran status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those individuals requiring accommodation should notify ACRS in advance. ACRS is a Tobacco-Free Campus.
Level of Language Proficiency
Prefer fluency in Asian/Pacific Islander language
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply here: https://www2.appone.com/Search/Search.aspx?Internal=yes&ServerVar=asiancounselingandreferralservice.appone.com