Garden State Dispensary
This position is responsible for retail sales and educating patients about the state's medical marijuana program and the dispensary's products, state laws and regulations, patients' rights, ancillary products, patient privacy, and methods of consumption. Responsibilities also include the dispensing of medical marijuana to patients and data entry into point-of-sale and inventory tracking systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Dispense medical marijuana, marijuana-infused or derived products, and ancillary products to qualified patients in accordance with State laws, regulations, and directives.
- Learn and effectively communicate information to patients regarding cannabinoids and terpenes; different strains and relevant symptom relief; proper dosages and potency; medical efficacy of marijuana; adverse effects; safe consumption; methods of delivery; etc.
- Ensure a patient-friendly environment and provide exemplary service to the dispensary's customers.
- Implement all point-of-sale procedures including patient identification and verification; product storage, packaging and labeling; register; and security.
- Assist with data collection and the employer's pharmacological research functions.
- Implement patient privacy policies and procedures, including without limitation HIPAA.
- Provide a scientific overview of cannabis strains and cannabinoids in medicinal cannabis and the anticipated benefits.
- Recommend specific cannabis types/strains based on the patient history interview and best practices.
- Recommend specific methods of cannabis administration.
- Cross-train in additional dispensary positions.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
- Friendly disposition and intellectual curiosity are a must.
- Preferred experience: Retail, healthcare/medical field, counseling, or social work.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between the employer and the UFCW labor union and includes access to medical, dental, and prescription benefits coverage and other benefits.
USD 30000 - 35000 Per Year
950 US Highway 1 North, Woodbridge NJ 07095
Email : email@example.com
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "NJ Dispensary Technician/Counselor Position"