1140 W. Jackson Blvd.
Communicate with the Agency’s donors, encourage continued support of the Agency’s mission and keep track of the donors and the conversations in the donor database.
- Make phone calls to donors, including thank you calls, Guardian Angel reminders, and surveys.
- Make calls to ask for donations to Mercy Home.
- Build and maintain relationships with donors, through phone calls and online communication.
- Handle donor questions and requests via phone.
- Act as a representative of the Home, staying current with agency’s plans, programs and stories.
- Code donor files appropriately and enter relevant notes.
- Compose e-mail and online communications to individual supporters.
- Assess major or planned gift potential of donors and forward relationships as indicated to major/planned giving officers.
- Handle “live chat” with our web site visitors.
- Attend regular Donor Relations and intradepartmental staff meetings.
- Relay any sensitive-calls to supervisor and suggest follow-up plans.
- Bilingual fluency in reading, writing and speaking both English and Spanish required.
- High school diploma.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a call-center preferred.
- Ability to be assertive, outgoing, persuasive and innovative.
- Good judgment with mature decision making ability.
- Poise in speaking and writing on behalf of Agency President.
- Maturity, initiative, and flexibility to handle complex situations and sensitivity to handle confidential information with professionalism.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Self-starter in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the Agency
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work evenings
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required