District of Columbia
Duration: January 7 - July 15, 2019
Reports to: American Experience Foundation Manager
The American Experience Foundation (AEF) enriches the lives of students through inspirational travel experiences and educational opportunities to cultivate the next generation of hospitality industry professionals. AEF welcomes an intern to assist the organization.
AEF is the 501(c)3 charity affiliated with Destination DC (DDC), the official destination marketing organization for Washington, DC. With DDC's support and because of its unique position in the hospitality industry, AEF opens doors for students to travel and tourism, filling a need for hospitality career exposure and paths to success with inspirational and real experiences.
AEF annual programs provide:
- Free field trips to our nation's capital for low-income 8th graders from DC and across the country.
- Scholarships to qualified DC public high school hospitality academy graduates.
- Internships and mentorships to connect students with hospitality industry professionals.
- Program support: Assist in planning and executing the AEF programs above
- Special event support: Assist with event planning and logistics for AEF fundraising and programming events, including to AEF's annual July 4th VIP Celebration
- Data: Assisting in data clean up and input into a new CRM system; updating contact information as needed
- Fundraising, direct mail solicitations, acknowledgements, researching funders
- Attend weekly company-wide and departmental meetings
- General administrative tasks as needed
Experience, competencies, education:
- Exceptional customer service and business etiquette skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience with CRM management a plus
- Completed at least two years of college; graduate student preferred
- Demonstrated passion for nonprofit work relating to children and education; interest in the travel and tourism economy; and enthusiasm for Washington, DC.
- Great sense of humor
- Eagerness to learn from a team of dynamic, engaged professionals
Commitment of one semester is required, Preferred January 7- July 12, 2019
15-20 hours per week; 2-3 days/week. AEF prefers the candidate be able to work on July 4th and support AEF's signature fundraising event.
If the intern is a student, the American Experience Foundation will work with intern to complete the paperwork and reports necessary to obtain school credit.
The internship may be paid hourly if the intern is not a student not working for credit.
Apply on-line: www.washington.org/careers
Applicants should include both a resume and cover letter plus any relevant work samples.
Documents should be saved into one pdf file and uploaded into the applicant portal.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.