Details: Salary based on experience.
125 High Street
Do you like designing event materials such as webpages, invitations, flyers and ads, and also have an interest in organizing events and meeting new people? Expect Miracles Foundation – Financial Services Against Cancer is currently seeking a Graphics & Events Assistant to join its small, hardworking team. Expect Miracles Foundation is a leading cancer charity within the financial services industry. The Foundation plans, executes and manages all aspects of high-end networking events for top tier financial institutions and executives, with proceeds benefiting cancer research and patient care programs nationwide. If you're interested in learning about non-profit management, development, and special events, and you have experience with graphic design, Expect Miracles Foundation provides an entrepreneurial environment where your thoughts can be heard and you can make a huge impact on our mission through your multiple responsibilities.
This position has a great opportunity for growth within the organization.
Candidates must be professional, passionate, extremely detail-oriented, exhibit an enthusiastic personality and have a willingness to learn while wearing a few different hats within an organization with a small staff. A quick learner who is highly motivated and pro-active is a must. This is a great opportunity for a recent grad seeking experience in the non-profit sector who is ready to learn. Working in a team environment, this position is responsible for the graphic design work associated with Expect Miracles Foundation’s annual events and marketing needs, plus assisting in the planning and executing of annual events. The entry-level position will report directly to the Assistant Director.
- Design all marketing and event materials for a professional audience, including: event invitations, event program books, sponsor logos, signage, brochures, handouts, presentations, and more
- Assist with website maintenance and management using Joomla (CMS)
- Manage and facilitate print projects with third party vendors, including: comparing quotes, overseeing deadlines, and tracking fulfillment
- Manage our brand consistency
- Coordinate all activity with teammates through collaboration software, Asana
- Learn all aspects of fundraising event planning and execution
- Assist team with special event planning and implementation of our 5 major events (3 golf tournaments, 2 cocktail galas) and a dozen minor events annually.
- Solicit auction items and in-kind donations for special events, including cold-calling and proposal
- Assist with recruitment and education of event volunteers
- Assist with the management of individual fundraising initiatives as necessary
- Assist with the management of our Young Financial Professionals Expect Miracles group through coordination with the Leadership teams and assistance with events
- Assist Assistant Director and Executive Director as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- Graphic design experience with demonstrated understanding of graphic design software InDesign or Illustrator
- Aptitude for technology, including InDesign, MS Office, social media, and Macintosh computers
- Demonstrated passion for our cause
- Excellent project management skills; comfortable juggling multiple projects and priorities, and working long hours when needed for events
- Mandatory attendance at cornerstone events and young professional events
- Positive attitude and quick learner
- Terrific work ethic and a keen eye for detail
- Open to new ideas and influences and quick to react to changing requirements
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while collaborating within a small team
- Excellent customer service ability / experience with donor relations and stewardship
- Must be able to lift 20-30 lbs.
- Event experience
- Graphic design experience
- Non-profit work experience
Salary based on experience. Benefits include: health insurance (70% company contribution)
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Boston accessible to public transportation.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line re: LAST NAME: Graphics & Events Assistant. No phone calls please.
Benefits include: health insurance (70% company contribution)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email.
Subject line re: LAST NAME: Graphics & Events Assistant. No phone calls please.