Details: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
55 Broad Street
Urban Green Council, a non-profit organization working to advance sustainability in the urban built environment, has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about climate change and its effects on New York City.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The ideal candidate cares deeply about sustainability and knows how to make our digital communications and user experience really stand out. This position reports to the Communications Manager.
· Maintain and update websites (urbangreencouncil.org, metered.nyc, gpro.org).
· Manage weekly e-newsletter development and distribution, including scheduling and editing regular blog posts.
· Develop and design graphics including flyers, event programs, posters, web banners, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
· Assist with conceptualization, copy editing, and design of reports.
· Help track and report on web, email and social media statistics using Google Analytics and other tools.
· Curate and schedule content for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
· Serve as day-to-day project manager for key departmental materials, such as the Annual Report, quarterly Board Reports, and informational brochures.
· Manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Sustainability Management, Environmental Policy, or related field.
· Minimum one year of experience with website and social media platform management.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Solid writing and proofreading skills, including a familiarity with AP Style.
· Fluent in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
· Must be available for occasional evening work.
· Experience in Drupal, including knowledge of HTML
· Experience using MailChimp, including the ability to edit and update a CSS template in MailChimp.
· Interest in Sustainability.
ABOUT URBAN GREEN COUNCIL
Urban Green Council’s mission is to transform New York City buildings for a sustainable future. We help New York City and State develop cutting-edge policy, we research solutions, and we educate a broad range of professionals. By working with government and industry, we leverage our effectiveness.
Urban Green pursues activities that have scalable impact, and we focus exclusively on buildings, which account for more than 70 percent of the city’s greenhouse gas emissions (and over 40 percent of GHGs in most large cities).
For more information, visit www.urbangreencouncil.org.
Benefits include paid health insurance and 401(k) plan with match after 90 days and a generous vacation policy.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume as a single PDF entitled “LASTNAME – CA’ with “LASTNAME--CA” as the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate where you found our job posting in your cover letter. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.