About STEM From Dance
STEM From Dance influences girls of color to pursue STEM by using dance to attract and prepare them. Many minority girls from low-income areas don’t pursue careers in STEM. It is not because they are unable, but because they need awareness, confidence and experience. We provide these elements through delivering an integrated dance and STEM program designed to uncover the awesomeness of STEM. We get students excited about the many creative and technical jobs available, providing awareness and encouragement to explore STEM.
About the Role
STEM From Dance is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented person to join our team as the Administrative Associate, enabling us to move strategically and efficiently towards our ambitious goals. The Admin Coordinator plays a pivotal role on the team, supporting the administrative and programmatic operations of the organization.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, possesses an exceptional attention to detail, has a track record of handling multiple responsibilities efficiently, and is motivated by supporting others to do their best work. The Administrative Associate is someone who is fulfilled by the day to day work of behind-the-scenes operations and see this role as an opportunity to impact and support our team and students as we work toward educational equity.
The Administrative Associate reports directly to the CEO. The role is part-time and will require on average 20 hours a week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Organize, manage and execute key operational tasks, including scheduling meetings, managing inventory, organizing receipts, drafting internal and external correspondence, and managing social media channels (40%)
- Assist the CEO in performing tasks, such as scheduling meetings, completing basic grant applications, and managing new and existing partnerships (20%)
- Support instructors by managing operational needs on site (20%)
- Assist in planning field trips, student performances, fundraisers, and other events (10%)
- Facilitate communication with our alumni network (5%)
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers (5%)
- At least 2 years of professional work experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and Google Drive applications required
Skills and competencies:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skill
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to juggle several tasks at once, especially in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional ability to build and execute a project plan
- Ability to make timely decisions and demonstrate good judgment
- Rare desire to constantly improve and learn from past experiences
- Ability to work independently and with a spirit of team and flexibility
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including being self-directed and entrepreneurial
- Must be able commute to school sites within New York City (all accessible by mass transportation)
- Must be able to commit approximately 20 hours a week
- Bachelor's degree or high-school diploma with equivalent experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Fill out an application: https://goo.gl/OVB5KY