The National WIC Association (NWA), located in Washington, DC, seeks a full-time Communications Director to join its diverse team of sixteen dedicated professionals. NWA is a high-impact non-profit, member organization that represents more than 2,000 service provider agencies that offer quality nutrition education, breastfeeding support, health care and other social referral services to women and young children in over 10,000 WIC clinics nationwide.
The Communications Director will promote the National WIC Association as the go-to voice for the WIC program - serving as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information about WIC and as a leading advocate for WIC-adjacent priorities, including nutrition, maternal health, breastfeeding, and anti-poverty issues.
The successful candidate will a strong track-record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently, experience working on communications specific to advocacy and/or policy related issues, and an ability to lead with energy to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Mentors, leads, and directs the work of the communications team.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an annual comprehensive communication plan that support NWA’s strategic priorities.
• Drives NWA's public-facing content across platforms to raise awareness, create momentum, and promote NWA's organizational priorities to include but not limited to writing press releases, managing digital advocacy campaigns, and coordinating social media events.
• Serves as NWA’s primary press contact, providing prompt response to press inquiries; maintains up to date press contact list and builds strong working relationships with journalists.
• Directs consistent generation of digital online/social media content that engages a range of WIC stakeholders as well as creation of measurable advocacy activities.
• Master’s degree in Communications or a related field.
• Minimum 8 years of experience working in the field of Communications.
• Experience developing and implementing communications strategies for non-profit organizations.
• Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
• Commitment to integrating equity, diversity and inclusion into communications strategy and management style.
The National WIC Association (NWA), located in Washington, DC, seeks a full-time Communications Director to join its diverse team of sixteen dedicated professionals. NWA is a high-impact non-profit, member organization that represents…
NWA provides competitive benefits, including remote work, tuition reimbursement, and professional development opportunities in addition to generous health and disability coverages, family leave, a company-matched retirement program and more.
NWA provides competitive benefits, including remote work, tuition reimbursement, and professional development opportunities in addition to generous health and disability…