247 West 37th Street #9th fl.
The JASA Director of NY Connects manage and supervise staff (NY Connects Specialists) providing a person-centered planning approach to individuals that include Information and Assistance and assistance with applying for public benefit programs such as Medicaid. The Director will oversee staff that provides Options Counseling; assisting individuals and/or their families and caregivers in making decisions regarding current or future LTSS needs as appropriate. The JASA Director of NY Connects will perform outreach and education for groups to increase public awareness of the NY Connects program as assigned by the Director of Intake and Referral
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The JASA Director of NY Connects will manage the provision of services by the NY Connects staff including
- Oversight for all aspects of NY Connects program
- Direct supervision of all NY Connects staff
- Provide supervision of activities of social work staff in following areas:
o Information and assistance on all long term care services/supports which includes; provision of linkages and follow-up with individuals regarding referrals to services made.
o Ensures that the Conduct the No Wrong Door (NWD) screen is completed with individuals over the phone or in-person, in order to obtain preliminary information.
Reviews all summary report results from completed online questionnaires
o Ensures compliance with all applicable New York State NY Connects and JASA Standards when interacting with all contacts to NY Connects and performing all other job functions.
· Monitor MSW staff re: provision of off-site visits to select persons in their residences, acute, sub-acute, and chronic care facilities, as appropriate.
· Perform outreach and education activities with groups to increase awareness of the program, its core functions, its objectives and value to the community.
· Participate in professional trainings to acquire and update skills (i.e. attend in-services and NYSOFA/DOH/DFTA sponsored meetings and trainings).
· In all responsibilities listed above, utilize a strength based, person centered approach to support the individual’s independence and self-determination while working with a diverse population and respond to all individuals in a professional, non-judgmental and culturally appropriate manner.
· Works under supervision of JASA’s Director of Intake and Referral
· Graduate of an accredited university with a Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Gerontology
· Minimum of 3-5 years post-master’s level experience in Social Services
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the long-term care support services systems for people of all ages with disabilities in New York City
· Familiarity with the older adult and people with disabilities populations
· Demonstrated organizational, leadership, analytical and communications skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Office Suite
· Must be computer literate, and willing to learn program-specific software
· Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and written
Subject to Review For Purposes of ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Minimum Education Required