115B Coral Street
Homeless Services Center is looking for individuals eager to make a difference and willing to enthusiastically commit to join in our vision that homelessness in Santa Cruz County should be rare, brief and non-recurring.
Homeless Services Center is a changing organization and is looking for someone who is eager to make a difference, and is willing to enthusiastically commit to join in our organization’s goal of ending homelessness and empowering our participants.
The Paul Lee Loft (PLL) Program Manager performs direct client assessment, empowerment based goal setting, and advocacy for individuals experiencing homelessness. This position requires someone who is energetic, programmatically creative, and can act as a leader for the PLL program team. Desirable qualifications are attention to detail, effective communication, flexibility and good problem solving skills. The PLL Program Manager works a flexible schedule and works effectively with a diverse population.
- Overall supervision of the Paul Lee Loft and Hygiene Bay.
- Oversee the housing status, assessment, arrival and departure of up to 40 single adults staying at the PauLee Loft.
- Facilitate participants’ use of the services of other programs, agencies, and organizations.
- Assist clients in obtaining any and all public benefits for which they are eligible.
- Participate in eligibility process through screening and selection of participants.
- Perform intake interviews, assessments, and assist participants in developing individual case plans.
- Participate in the planning and providing of educational/informational groups for residents.
- Supervise volunteers by providing leadership, support, and positive role modeling.
- Develop and maintain accurate written case records including intake, assessment, ongoing case plan, and progress notes.
- Meet all administrative requirements including recordkeeping, HMIS, staff meetings, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality and treat participants with dignity and respect at all times.
- Oversee a team of Direct Service Coordinators (DSC) and Overnight Campus Supervisors (OCS) to ensure the safety and operations of the Loft.
- Supervise the daily operations of the showers and bathrooms in the Hygiene Bay.
- Maintain a 24 hour schedule to ensure continuous coverage by DSC, OCS and volunteers.
- 3-5 years’ experience in providing direct social services to disenfranchised communities
- Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Experience interacting and engaging with individuals and families n in a shelter environment.
- Desire and ability to meet people where they are at and create an environment that nurtures mutually respectful, empowering relationships.
- Ability to develop most case plans and specialized casework services with considerable independence, perform evaluation and assessment duties.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to, and knowledge of, the needs of homeless individuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with people coming from diverse lifestyles, background, racial and cultural groups.
- Knowledge and practice of motivational interviewing and trauma-informed services.
- Ability to collaborate internally with other departments and teams within HSC, and externally with community agencies, public social services, and assistance programs.
- Experience with mentally and physically disabled populations.
- Ability to deal effectively and constructively with emotionally charged situations between individuals and within groups.
- Demonstrated conflict de-escalation and conflict resolution skills a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including comfort in using Word and Excel and confidential database use such as HMIS or equivalent.
This is a full time, salaried, benefited, exempt position. Occasional evenings and weekends required. Health Insurance and PTO benefits begin after 90-day introductory period. Retirement benefits begin upon first day of employment.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish speaking a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or faxes. HSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.