Juma seeks a talented Assistant Enterprise Manager with a track record of success in effectively managing several employees while working in a high volume food service industry environment and serve as a key member of our enterprise team. Reporting to the Social Enterprise Manager and Site Manager, the Assistant Enterprise Manager will be responsible for managing employees and concessions in Seattle sports stadiums. The Assistant Enterprise Manager will manage in-game concessions, schedule youth employees, communicate with concession partners, and manage and mentor youth employees, thereby advancing Juma’s mission and creating meaningful impact in the lives of both donors and Juma youth nationwide. Starting pay is $20/hr.
This is a part-time role and is on nights and weekends. Reporting to the Enterprise Manager, this role will support day-to-day operations of Juma’s youth concessions operation in Seattle. The Assistant Enterprise Manager will supervise and train a large staff, lead by example and run the full operations to drive sales while teaching critical skills for the development of our staff.
Concession operations include multiple stands at all home games. The Assistant Enterprise Manager should have an entrepreneurial spirit, interest in youth development and a willingness to work in the high volume food service management industry. Experience in customer service and ability to select and develop a team of support youth managers to work under you is a critical part of the role.
This role will be subject to certain requirements imposed by our concessionaire partners, which may include showing proof of COVID-19 vaccination in order to gain entry into their stadiums and a class 12 MAST permit.
Must be 21 years of age or older to supervise staff with MAST 13 permits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment & Training
- Work with the Site Manager, Enterprise Manager and the program staff in the recruitment of our youth team, conduct orientations, hold interviews, evaluate youth for hiring considerations, collect hiring paperwork and submit for employment verification/background checks with Juma administration offices
- Attend and support as needed with Youth All-Staff Meetings or workshops including topics such as: resume/interview tips, youth interaction, sales, etc.
- Support as needed in the management and development of key relationships with community based organizations (CBO) for enhanced recruitment
- Business Management, Growth & Administration
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with venue team and/or concessionaire partner to ensure consistent and potential increase for youth shifts and an inclusive work environment
- Positive interaction and relationship building with stand managers and other floor/area supervisors as needed to produce a collaborative management oversight of youth
- Partial oversight of Seattle’s P&Ls, JEIT, and KPIs documents
- In charge of the creation, distribution and follow up of invoices to financial team and concessionaire/venue partner
- Day-to-Day Concession/Vending Operations
- Support as needed with staff scheduling and payroll reporting
- Creating and maintaining the environment of exceptional customer service
- Ensuring all stands and carts are fully prepared prior to opening
- Ensuring that all safety procedures are followed and working conditions are safe
- Listening to and resolving customer complaints regarding service, product, or personnel as necessary
- Checking in with venue managers prior to opening including the attendance of any pre-shift meetings
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with youth staff
- Staff Management & Development
- Serve as a mentor and coach to further develop the capabilities of youth staff and youth managers.
- Create a work environment that fosters teamwork, personal growth, and self-confidence.
- Support in conducting employee performance reviews and provide ongoing support and feedback to youth regarding their job performance.
- Supports as needed with the staffing, planning and delivery of ongoing workshops, virtual or in person, that facilitate learning for young adults on topics concerning career development, employment and education
- Collaboration with Juma Staff
- Develop an efficient and beneficial relationship with the Program team to integrate business needs and program services.
- Meets bi-weekly with the Social Enterprise Manager to review youth rosters in order to coordinate youth attendance and scheduling
- As needed collaborates with the Learning & Evaluation Director to engage in continuous program improvement, ensuring youth outcomes are achieved while operating efficiently
- Ability to work long nights and weekends consistently per professional sporting event schedules
- Experience in food service management/operation, finance, and nonprofit organizations a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a very large team
- Ability to multitask frequently while still maintaining strong attention to details
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with youth of color and working class/low income youth
- Passion and respect for youth leadership and youth development
- Experience in providing instruction/training to various people and personalities
- Good physical stamina; environment and responsibilities can be physically demanding
- Must be able to climb stairs, stand for up to 8 hours a day, and lift 25 pounds.
- Pass a criminal background check.
Please submit the following to Lainie Farmer, Site Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A thoughtful cover letter outlining your interest in the position and how your qualifications align with the above requirements and Juma’s focus and mission
- Current resume
Due to the volume of responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.