District of Columbia
Position: Development and Marketing Manager
Organization: After-School All-Stars
Location: Washington, D.C.
Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars is a national non-profit organization which provides free, daily afterschool programs to nearly 75,000 children in need on over 350 school sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. Our goals for our All Stars are the same we have for our own children: to be healthy and active, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a job that they love and to give back to their communities. We achieve this by identifying and fueling our students' individual passions, tying their interests to tailored academic support, enrichment and health and fitness programming. After-School All-Stars gives its students a safe-haven during the hours of 3pm-6pm—the time of day when youth violence, drug use and other delinquent behaviors are most likely to occur. By creating caring youth adult relationships and incorporating service learning into all that we do, we help our All-Stars gain the confidence, skills and role models they need to become leaders in their community.
A Unique Opportunity:
ASAS is currently seeking an exceptional and dynamic leader to join the core team in DC as the Development & Marketing Manager (DMM). The DMM will report to and work closely with the Executive Director (ED) and the national Development team to raise funds and awareness for ASAS by cultivating new corporate, foundation, and individual relationships and helping to implement the overall marketing strategy for the chapter. The DMM will also be responsible to maintain relationships with existing government, foundations and individual partners.
- Manage internal processes for tracking donors, prospects, sponsors and funding, including maintaining accurate records of relationships, deadlines and funding requirements and ensuring compliance with applicable reporting guidelines
- Work with ED to cultivate new funding relationships that advance the mission and vision of ASAS
- Maintain and expand funding partnerships with current foundation and corporate supporters, including proposal writing, engaging donors in organizational events, and positioning the organization for renewal grants
- Partner with the ED and the local Advisory Board to launch and manage an individual giving program
- Research new funding prospects and development trends
- Work closely with ED to develop marketing partnerships that both raise awareness of the ASAS brand and support the organization’s fundraising goals
- Oversee partnership deliverables including execution of activation events
- Implement social media and online communication strategy
- Work with colleagues across the ASAS national network to share information, resources, and leads and collaborate on national efforts
- Ensure that marketing and fund development are carried out in keeping with the organization’s values, mission, vision and plans
- Travel to off-site meetings, trainings and events
- Take the lead on engagement events and on organizing the annual fundraiser, working closely with the Executive Director in designing and funding the event
- Perform other duties as assigned including some financial and procurement tasks, assisting ED in preparing for Board meetings (collaterals, location, invites, minutes), and assisting the ED with her/his calendar and getting ready for meetings
Traits, Experience, and Education:
The DMM will embody ASAS’s core values: entrepreneurial, collaborative, transparent, accountable, and proactive. To be considered for this position, the successful candidate will have at least three full years of experience in nonprofit development. Strong written and oral communication skills are essential. Experience in event planning and grant-writing is a strong plus. An undergraduate degree is required.
The salary for this position is exempt and starts at $45,000.
ASAS offers competitive benefits including, but not limited to health, dental, vision, and an employer match for our 403(b) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “DMM DC” and your last name in the subject of your email.
To learn more about ASAS, please visit our website: www.afterschoolallstars.org