Details: This part-time position offers an hourly rate of $20-25/hour depending on qualifications.
Older Adults Technology Services (OATS), a rapidly expanding nonprofit organization, seeks flexible trainers to teach its Senior Planet programming to older adults at community-based technology labs in Denver and surrounding communities. Senior Planet courses engage participants with digital culture and new technologies. Positions to begin as soon as possible.
This position is a unique opportunity for a passionate individual to work with OATS to empower older adults by harnessing technology to change the way we age. Trainers teach OATS curriculum using books and online resources specifically designed for older adults. Classes typically meet twice a week. By the end of our courses, participants are able to send emails, explore their interests online, connect with family and friends on social media, bank online, start small businesses, and much more. At the same time, trainers are fundamental in creating a community of support among participants.
This part-time position requires solid proficiency in common software applications and devices, but even more important is a dedication to teaching and the ability to effectively communicate the relevancy of technology to seniors’ lives. A successful candidate will possess a high degree of patience, creativity, dependability, and problem-solving ability, along with a sense of humor and a strong commitment to social change.
To learn more about the full range of Senior Planet programming and the OATS mission, please visit seniorplanet.org and oats.org.
- Teaching technology courses using the OATS curriculum and approach
- Coordinating with site staff
- Site visits
- Creating a comfortable and supportive learning environment
- Collecting surveys and evaluations
- Data entry in Salesforce database
- Supervising volunteers who assist classes
- Maintaining professionalism at all times
- Regular email and cell phone contact
- Excellent speaking and communication skills
- Experience teaching teenagers, adults, and/or seniors
- Competence with Windows computers, iOS, popular social media sites, and other common technologies/devices
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly
- Bilingual English / Spanish a plus
- Flexibility, patience, and a sense of humor
- Ability to work independently and as a training team
- Superior time-management skills
- Willingness to travel to sites throughout Denver and surrounding communities
We are a New York City based nonprofit with a small staff that is dedicated, supportive, and friendly. The main office is in Brooklyn, and we operate the Senior Planet Exploration Center in Manhattan in addition to the work sites for this position. We are excited to expand services into Denver and throughout Colorado this summer. We are looking for someone who is excited about our mission to use technology to change the way we age and has potential to grow with the organization. Schedule is part-time, the classes will be held twice a week.
Minimum Education Required