13116 NE 132nd St.
The Youth Haven shelter program currently has an exciting opening for a full-time residential youth counselor. Youth Haven is a short-term emergency shelter for up to 12 youth ages 7 - 17 in Kirkland, WA. The program provides a safe and supportive group home setting for up to 6 boys and 6 girls who are homeless or referred by the state child welfare system. A dedicated team of staff maintain a caring, healthy and therapeutic atmosphere while providing counseling and referral services to assist in family reunification or finding a safe, stable housing alternative for youth.
1. Bachelor of Arts Degree in the social sciences preferred.
2. One year of experience working with youth.
3. Must be twenty-one year of age or older, have a valid WA State driver's license (or be able to obtain one by date of employment), have a good driving record and be able to pass a criminal history background check.
1. Provide supervision and support in a group home setting to youth in the program.
2. Assist in teaching life skills needed for successful transition into independent living.
3. Provide academic support and tutoring for youth.
4. Accompany youth to appointments and recreational outings when needed.
5. Counsel residents in identifying and resolving emotional, behavioral, social and other challenges.
6. Maintain resident files, complete reports and documentation as assigned.
For additional information on job duties and requirements, please visit our website at: www.friendsofyouth.org/employment.aspx.
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week. Mix of day shifts (8am-4pm) and swing shifts (4pm-12) during the week with at least one weekend shift. Holiday pay is offered at time and a half. Relief counselors are also needed on an on-call (part-time) basis.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Friends of Youth is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
ABOUT FRIENDS OF YOUTH:
Founded in 1951, Friends of Youth provides a comprehensive range of shelter, housing, counseling and prevention services for youth and young adults and their families in King and Snohomish Counties in Washington State. Friends of Youth is the primary provider of services for homeless youth and young adults in East King County. Services include street outreach, emergency shelter, transitional living programs, supported permanent housing, employment and mental health support. To learn more about Friends of Youth, please visit our web site at www.friendsofyouth.org.
Friends of Youth provides a competitive benefits package to full time employees including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan and matching, vacation leave, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Bailee Bryant at the email provided.