516 West 168th Street
The Development Assistant reports to the Senior Director of Development and will be responsible for scheduling appointments, meetings (with follow up preparation of agenda and notification to participants); writing and coordinating the production of donor reports, solicitation letters, and special acknowledgment letters; drafting own correspondence for review by supervisors; processing gift transmittals, assisting with prospect research and proposal development. The incumbent will coordinate and manage database entry and maintain donor lists including assurance of data base accuracy; maintain files and database portfolio; interact with internal and external constituencies; assist with vendor and site inquiry for special events as well as organize and coordinate events; troubleshoot when necessary; perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Scheduling appointments and meetings; (with follow up preparation of agenda and notification to participants). – 20%
- Writing and coordinating the production of donor reports, solicitation letters, gift transmittals and special acknowledgment letters. – 20%
- Assisting with prospect research and proposal development; coordinating and managing database entry; interact with internal and external constituencies. – 20%
- Maintain donor lists including assurance of data base accuracy; maintain files and database portfolio. – 20%
- Assist with vendor and site inquiry for special events as well as organize and coordinate events. – 10%
- Troubleshoot and perform other related duties and special projects as assigned. – 10%
Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education, training and experience plus at least two years progressively related experience, preferably in fundraising. Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills; and have ability to exercise excellent judgment, tact, confidentiality and diplomacy in all interactions. Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high level of confidentiality required. Must be able to accurately handle diverse projects and a large volume of detailed work simultaneously, and use good judgment in prioritizing work. Must demonstrate the ability to work with management information systems and software systems; superior Excel, MS Office required.
*Please note applicants must apply via the Columbia University website.
Minimum Education Required