Job Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Reports to: Stephen Barker, Director of Marketing and Communications
Start Date: September 2021
Application Deadline: August 13, 2021
Company: Marillac St. Vincent Family Services (MSV)
Location: Chicago, IL
Department: Development & Communications
About MSV: Marillac St. Vincent Family Services is a comprehensive human services nonprofit organization based in Chicago and founded in 1914 by the Daughters of Charity. We are committed to strengthening and empowering children, adults, and seniors through our wide range of programs and services, providing resources and support at every stage of life.
Positions Summary: MSV is seeking a creative and versatile Marketing and Communications Manager to join our growing team in Chicago. The Manager is supervised by and reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications but will work closely with the Development team and coordinate with members of the senior leadership team and program managers. MSV has Centers in the East Garfield Park and Lincoln Park neighborhoods, and the Manager will alternate between both locations. The Manager role is a mid-level position with opportunities for growth within the organization.
- Track, analyze, and report on web traffic, social media engagement, email performance, and other communication methods for key indicators of marketing campaign effectiveness.
- Layout monthly "Connecting Communities" email newsletter and support all other email marketing campaigns.
- Act as website content management system administrator.
- Network with target audiences and respond to comments and inquiries across all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Build and maintain lists for direct mail, email, press, community partners, and elected officials.
- Advertise community and fundraising events and order resources and marketing collateral needed for events.
- Follow editorial calendar and assist in the development of necessary content for all MSV communications channels, including but not limited to website, digital advertising campaigns, social media, direct mail, and email marketing. Content development may include writing stories or ad copy, photography, graphic design, video, and any other necessary creative as determined by Director.
- Attend and take photos and videos at community events and special events. Maintain photo/video archive.
- Answer requests for flyers, postcards, photos, logos, business cards, stationery, and other materials from staff, Board members, and press.
- Act with integrity and aspire to model Marillac St. Vincent's Core Values of integrity, creativity, advocacy, respect, excellence, and empowerment.
- Passion for MSV's Mission, core values, and the Vincentian Spirit of Service.
- Commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access (IDEA).
- Must be able to work independently and proactively while being a dependable team player.
- Strong, persuasive writing skills. Must be able to write clearly, concisely, and creatively.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 collaboration apps.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, etc.), Facebook Business Manager, and programming languages.
- Great interpersonal skills and humor under pressure.
- Good judgment, flexibility, and problem-solving skills.
- Written expression - The ability to express ideas and views clearly to others in writing.
- Result-oriented - The ability to take direct action to attain or exceed objectives
- Creativity - The ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters.
- Initiative - The ability to recognize and create opportunities and to act accordingly. Rather starting something than waiting passively for it to happen.
- Accountability - Being accountable and passing on accountability for one's own actions and those of colleagues and the organization.
These are a plus, but not required:
- Trained on Constituent Relationship Management (MSV uses Raiser's Edge).
- Writing proficiency in Spanish.
- Skills in videography and photography.
- Interest in public policy and social causes
Please submit your cover letter and resume as one document through the Hireology platform by Friday, August 13, 2021. https://careers.hireology.com/marillacstvincent/618539/description
Based on experience
2-5 years in marketing, communications, advertising, public relations, graphic design, or relevant field
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
MSV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.