Assist the Sr. Network and Security Engineer in technical support and configuration of all LAN/WAN and IP telephony related systems at HOPE Center, the Bethesda Office, and global offices. Install, configure, and monitor all network equipment, server hardware and software. Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment. Provides technical support and guidance to users.
1. Provide remote and onsite support to internal and external clients for all network, systems, and telephony problems to include, but not limited to, issues with Cisco network equipment, Windows server and desktop hardware and software, data storage, wireless networks, systems status, network and PBX connectivity, including 24/7 support.
2. Plan, develop, test, and upgrade the network, server, software, and telephony communication systems as required for optimal performance. Plans and tests the development and implementation of new network hardware and telephony upgrades. Make recommendations for new purchases and new systems.
3. Monitors all servers and network equipment to ensure equipment reliability to minimize network disturbance and/or downtime. This includes performing proactive system maintenance and using network tools to monitor the equipment at various levels of operation.
4. Assist in the security patching of network equipment, servers, desktop computers, and laptops by using patch software and manual patching. Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of the NAS hardware.
5. Design, build and support Microsoft SharePoint farm and site collections, including training to the end user and design of forms using InfoPath.
6. Design, implement, and maintain server data backup operations to provide disaster recovery for the organization’s on-site data.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
2. Technical certifications (e.g., Microsoft, Cisco, etc.) required.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in Windows Server 2016, 2012 and 2008 (Active Directory, IIS, DFS, NPS, DNS/DHCP, GPO), Exchange 2010, SQL Server 2012, 2008 and 2005, SharePoint Server 2010 and Online, Antivirus, and Backup software. Experience with Windows desktop client operating systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and applications (Office Professional Plus 2016 and Office 365).
- Five (5) plus years of experience in server software and hardware - VMware virtualization software (vSphere, ESXi), wireless networking equipment, NetApp NAS and SAN storage, Citrix XenApp, including Cisco ASDM & VPN.
5. Experience with Avaya PBX equipment and/or other voice over IP (VOIP) systems.
6. Well organized, customer focused, and able to work as a team. Strong customer service skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, and extremely detail orientated.
7. Must be able to travel to local and international offices as needed
Minimum Education Required