Details: plus benefits
5 Middlesex Avenue
Partners for Youth with Disabilities (PYD) empowers youth with disabilities to reach their full potential by providing transformative mentoring programs, youth development opportunities, and inclusion expertise. We motivate youth to reach their personal, educational, and career goals and guide organizations in becoming more inclusive. We envision an inclusive global society in which youth with disabilities have the access, support, and confidence to achieve their full potential. We believe that youth with disabilities who are educated, mentored, and empowered have a profoundly positive impact on their communities and the world.
For over 20 years, PYD has offered the YEP Career Readiness Program, a career-readiness program for youth with disabilities that addresses barriers to employment, graduation and academic success in meaningful and measurable ways. YEP partners with Boston Public Schools and state rehabilitation agencies to serve students through classroom learning, real-world experiences, internships, and professional mentoring.
PYD is seeking a YEP Program Specialist. The YEP Program Specialist works with and is supervised by the YEP Director to plan and deliver the YEP Career Readiness Program at Boston Public Schools and other program site locations. In addition to classroom instruction, the YEP Program Specialist will facilitate real-work learning experiences such as guest lectures, job shadows, and trade show events, as well as support the YEP Employment Specialist in student employment placement.
Key duties of the YEP Program Specialist include, but are not limited to:
· In consultation with the YEP Director, develops and maintains close working relationships with partners in the Boston Public Schools (BPS) and other local agencies where YEP is taught. Serves as main point of contact for teachers and staff at these locations.
· Assists in planning, organizing, and presentation of classroom instruction at four or more BPS locations.
· Assists with developing relationships with local businesses and with coordinating logistics for all community based real-world experiences.
· Coordinates with YEP Employment Specialist to ensure appropriate students are receiving job placement services.
· Maintains records and collects data for program evaluation, including regular updates to Salesforce database.
· Completes grant reporting documents for program funding and maintains database entry for funders as needed.
· Where possible, participates in YEP strategic planning and other YEP related events.
· Attends conferences, relevant trainings, and PYD staff events and meetings.
· Other teaching events and activities as assigned by the YEP Director, including summer classes and job coaching.
· Attend bi-weekly PYD staff meetings.
· Attend YEP team meetings and supervision.
· Assist with YEP and agency wide special projects as they occur.
Training, skills and Experience
· Experience with and passion for working with youth with disabilities, including those with hidden disabilities.
· BA/BS and 1-3 years experience working with youth with disabilities, with preference for teacher/classroom instruction experience.
· Experience modifying and differentiating curriculum to address student learning needs.
· Ability to effectively manage time and meet competing demands.
· Ability to think outside of the box.
· Flexibility and a good sense of humor.
· Must be able to independently navigate to BPS and other program site locations.
· Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required