The Afterschool Alliance seeks a Special Assistant to the Executive Director who will support our mission to provide kids equal access to quality afterschool and summer programs that help them learn and grow, and provide working families with peace of mind. We’ve worked to ensure 7.8 million children have fun, engaging programs after school, but there are 25 million more children whose parents want them in these programs but for whom programs are not available.
The Special Assistant to the Executive Director will work directly with our Executive Director to provide adminstrative and strategic support, while gaining insight to the different facets of nonprofit management. The Special Assistant to the Executive Director will also provide assistance in supporting the Board of Directors and other staff members. Responsibilities of the position include:
· Manage Executive Director’s schedule, including daily calendar and contacts
· Organize preparatory and logistical materials for local and out-of-town meetings and events
· Assist Executive Director with managing prioritized projects and executing administrative tasks, such as:
• Draft correspondence to allied organizations, Congressional staff, and prospective funders
• Draft presentations and remarks
• Proofread and edit letters, memos, and other official communications to Members of Congress, funders, strategic partners, and stakeholders
• Serve as Executive Director’s liaison to staff
· Coordinate all Board of Directors-related efforts:
• Manage Board and committee calendars
• Prepare and execute materials and logistics for three annual Board meetings, plus interim committee meetings & reports
• Write Board reports, work plans, year-end review and related materials
• Keep up to date records of Board decisions, participation, projects and other relevant matters
• Coordinate Board Member attendance and participation in special events and projects related to the Afterschool Alliance’s work
· Support the Afterschool Alliance Staff:
• Manage staff calendar
• Coordinate staff and senior team meetings
• Assist on specific projects, as assigned
Hours per week: 40 hrs
Employment type: full time, regular
Qualifications: The Afterschool Alliance offers a well-balanced work environment with a supportive and growing team and opportunities for advancement.
Candidates must have:
· Strong writing, proofing, editing, oral communications and organizational skills
· Confidentiality and attention to detail and accuracy
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite
· Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
· Collaborative nature and ability to work well in teams.
Candidate should exhibit demonstrated interest in education or youth development. Some flexibility of hours and willingness to travel is required.
The Afterschool Alliance seeks a Special Assistant to the Executive Director who will support our mission to provide kids equal access to quality afterschool and summer programs that help them learn and grow, and provide working…
We offer excellent benefits, including health insurance, life and short and long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) retirement program, flexible spending accounts and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
We offer excellent benefits, including health insurance, life and short and long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) retirement program, flexible spending accounts and generous…