CENTER FOR FAMILY LIFE, a nationally-recognized social service program in Sunset Park Brooklyn, is seeking a Program Director to work with elementary, middle school and high school participants at PS 503 and PS 506. Our community-school partnership at this large public elementary school site provides a diverse range of daily in-school and out-of-school activities. Programs are implemented by professional social workers, artists and young adults from the community, in collaboration with PS 503 and PS 506 teachers and administrators. Our ideal candidate has knowledge and experience in Social Group Work and will bring a passion for neighborhood-based work to enrich the lives of youth, families and community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Be an active member of the leadership team of social workers, artists and youth development professionals overseeing Center for Family Life’s program components at PS 503/PS 506.
● Supervise daily afterschool program, which includes a full menu of learning enrichment, arts, sports and leadership development activities, homework assistance, and supper program
● Collaborate with PS 503/506 school staff to implement school day attendance improvement and lunchtime enrichment programs
● Collaborate with NYU Langone Family Health Center to engage children and families in a Healthy Families initiative
● Develop and lead a variety of groups and activities that foster interpersonal and leadership development of children, youth and adults
● Design and implement staff training, conduct individual supervision of key staff, and lead group departmental meetings
● In collaboration with colleagues, plan and implement program-wide workshops, celebrations and other family engagement events
● Provide crisis intervention with onsite participants and make referrals, as necessary
● Manage program budget and multiple public and private contracts/funding streams
● Track, review and analyze enrollment, attendance and outcome data
● Some evening and weekend hours required throughout the year
● Master’s in Social Work or related field
● Interest and commitment to learning and working within a social group work model
● Highly organized and able to manage time efficiently
● Experience with and passion for facilitation of groups with young adults
● Ability to be a genuine and positive member of a team, be flexible
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Bilingual Spanish/English or Chinese/English preferred
● SIFI certified/able to supervise graduate social work students, a plus
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Helene Onserud at Honserud@cflsp.org.
Minimum Education Required