Details: UAW Staff Rate
8000 East Jefferson Avenue
Major responsibilities of this position include:
· Analysis and interpretation of corporate financial and economic data to support activities of the UAW as well as other issues that affect UAW members.
· Prepare materials for and give presentations to a wide variety of audiences from union members to members of Congress.
· Assist other UAW departments in developing and evaluating social, economic and collective bargaining policies and preparing position papers.
Competitive pay and benefits. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Ideal applicants will have some of the following:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher.
· Strong analytical, writing, and communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail and prior research experience in academic, labor, community, or political settings.
· Strong commitment to social and economic justice, especially in labor issues.
· Knowledge of labor relations issues in the public and private sector.
· Knowledge of organizing and contract campaigns.
· Ability to perform research that requires finding information that may not be readily available.
Minimum Education Required