Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy.
Sanctuary is seeking a Program Coordinator to provide oversight of day to day operations of the Justice and Empowerment for Teens (JET) Initiative, including coordinating with grant partners, developing screening tools and curriculum, supervising clinician, and managing referrals to the program.
- Oversee relationships with grant subcontractor agencies.
- Provides supervision a counselor plus interns and volunteers as need
- Collaborate with partners to develop screening tools, tailored training, and outreach curricula for different audiences
- Conduct trainings for service providers, parents and youth that help raise awareness of human trafficking issues
- Oversee the development of peer support groups in collaboration with partner agencies. Carry a small caseload of counseling clients.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate support groups as needed.
- Develop strong outside relationships with referral base and partner agencies.
- Attend youth development related conferences and community based meetings to actively seek and field potential.
- Document work in appropriate data systems and ensure program targets are monitored
- Complete reports as required.
- Perform any other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed.
- Licensed Masters Social Work, required.
- Training in evidenced-based trauma models.
- Two years of experience providing direct services in child welfare or Anti-Trafficking setting.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish strongly preferred.
- Experience in program development and implementation.
- Strong writing skills.
- Solid ability to provide individual client assessments, counseling and support group services.
- Strong knowledge of trauma-focused therapies.
- Understanding of and ability to work with people of diverse national, ethnic, cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Familiar with issues of trauma, violence prevention and victimization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply