Risen Christ Catholic School in Minneapolis is seeking a licensed school counselor or social worker to implement the City Connects program within our schools. City Connects, a school-based collaboration among the schools, community agencies, and Boston College, is reinvigorating a core function of schools by implementing an innovative model of systemic student support. City Connects assesses the strengths and needs of each student in the school and connects students with a tailored set of supports and resources from inside and outside the school. While this position does not require that the employee be a Catholic, it is expected that all employees respect Catholic doctrine and religious practices. The responsibilities of a School Site Coordinator are as follows:
· Establish and lead a Student Support team and process in the school that identifies and responds to the strengths and personal developmental needs of each and every child in the school.
· Connect students to a range of prevention, early intervention, and intensive services programs that address the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social development of each student.
· Develop and enhance community partnerships with varied community agencies to meet the identified needs of students, families, and the school.
· Collaborate with school staff, including classroom teachers, to implement the City Connects model.
· Promote the City Connects model of student support to the school community, families, and community agencies.
· Engage families and caregivers in understanding and supporting the education of their children and the ways in which academic outcomes are enhanced by serving the social / emotional and personal development needs of the child.
· Collect data on the implementation of the model and the delivery of services
· Master’s degree in School Counseling, Social Work or Educatiom
· Licensed School Counselor, Licensed Pupil Adjustment Counselor, or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LCSW / LICSW)
· Experience working in a school environment
· Evidence of culturally competent practices
· Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff, a diverse student body and families, as well as a team of professionals at both the school and the university
· Fluency in Spanish
· Experience in urban schools
· Experience with an organization that uses data to guide practice
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information to Laurie Acker, City Connects Program Manager, at email@example.com.
Risen Christ Catholic School in Minneapolis is seeking a licensed school counselor or social worker to implement the City Connects program within our schools. City Connects, a school-based collaboration among the schools, community…
Fluency in Spanish
Fluency in Spanish