Details: Annually based on experience.
artEquity is a national initiative funded by The Andrew W. Mellon and the Doris Duke Charitable Foundations that provides tools, resources, and training to support the intersection of art and activism.
Team Approach: The artEquity staff works with a team approach based on administrative and project needs. This position will be the Team Lead for the following areas: Administration, Programs, and Organizational Consulting.
Job Status: This position is full-time.
Responsibilities/Duties: The Program Manager will provide administrative oversight for all artEquity Organizational Consulting initiatives. Working with a dynamic team of staff and facilitators, the Program Manager will coordinate, lead, and/or support key aspects of artEquity programming. As a member of a collaborative national team, the Program Manager will work remotely, attending teleconference and video meetings, as well as periodic in-person meetings, trainings and retreats. Primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Organizational Consulting
- Provide oversight for all consulting logistics (with staff support) including but not limited to intake calls, finalizing consulting agreements, training/travel logistics, prep and debrief meetings, and all facilitator communications;
- Provide oversight (with staff support) for budgetary management and evaluation of all consulting work;
- Serve as liaison between artEquity and organizational partners;
- Strategic Planning
- Provide support for long-term strategic planning for organizational consulting, Intensive Facilitator Training, Regional Facilitator Training, and special projects;
- Provide support to the management of special projects as needed (e.g. Community 2.0, artEquity leadership retreats, and alumni programming);
- Provide oversight for staffing, including hiring, onboarding, professional development, annual goal-setting, and annual performance reviews;
- Work with Special Projects Manager to assess and implement new systems and protocols;
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of programs and services in order to ensure ongoing programmatic integrity;
- Participate in scheduled staff and facilitator calls as needed;
- Budget Oversight
- Provide support in monitoring income and expenses in alignment with budget parameters;
- Track program expenses and budget variances;
- Review and distribute monthly budget report from bookkeeper to fiscal sponsor and Team Leads;
- Track staff time sheets, payroll, and/or invoices;
- Track vendor invoices;
- Participate in grant writing, funder calls, and grant reporting as needed;
- Organizational Assessments
- Create organizational assessment report work plan as needed;
- Review and update online assessment templates as needed;
- Assist in writing and editing organizational assessment reports;
- Other Projects
- Serve as Team Lead or support for selected key initiatives/projects as assigned.
- Commitment to social justice and art activism;
- Demonstrated program management experience;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Willingness and ability to engage in strategic thinking and planning;
- Strong decision-making skills;
- High level of discretion, trustworthiness, and ability to review and safeguard confidential data and information;
- Commitment to ongoing self-reflection, awareness, and analysis-building;
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively as a part of a dynamic team;
- Attention to detail and ability to hold self/others accountable;
- Ability to work remotely, take initiative, and be self-directed;
- Familiarity with both Microsoft Suite and Google Drive platforms, project management software, as well as all social media programs;
- Access to local transportation and willingness to make local/national trips and drive on behalf of artEquity when needed;
- Interest in and/or familiarity with the arts;
- Residing in Los Angeles County, preferred;
- Experience with facilitating intergroup group dialogue, preferred;
- Prior knowledge of artEquity programming is helpful.
Minimum Education Required