The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and services initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a Case Manager position at the Prince George. We are located in a historic building in the Flat Iron District of Manhattan. The Prince George is a 415 unit supportive housing residence for low income tenants, many of whom have a history of mental illness, homelessness, substance abuse, and/or HIV/AIDS. CUCS embraces a holistic, person centered approach to the work and incorporates several evidence based practices including but not limited to: Wellness Self Management, Supported Employment, Motional Interviewing and Person Centered Service Planning.
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated person who embraces both a harm reduction approach as well as a recovery focused orientation. We strive to help our clients to identify and achieve goals that are meaningful to them. The Case Manager will provide a broad array of services as well as person centered clinical services to a caseload of 30-35 tenants. Some tasks include but are not limited to: entitlements assistance, counseling, advocacy, referrals and information, crisis intervention, engagement, psycho-education, escorting to various appointment within the community, and coordination of care with outside service providers. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the needs of the formerly homeless, mentally ill population, and those with substance addiction. This position is ideal for recent BSW Graduates.
Experience and Education Required:
• BSW and 1 year of relevant work experience.
• BA and 2 years of relevant work experience.
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years of relevant work experience.
• For applicants without a college degree, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
• Demonstrated ability to provide services to clients with psychiatric and medical disabilities and with issues of substance abuse.
• Computer literacy, excellent writing and verbal communications skills are required.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a core services team.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: Michael Embrey <Michael.Embrey@cucs.org>
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
- CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind