One Dupont Circle, NW
District of Columbia
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of ACE’s College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT) evaluation reviews and procedures, from handoff to final product. These responsibilities include serving as main point of contact for clients; selecting teams of subject matter experts to serve as evaluators; requesting, tracking, and assigning initial disposition of submitted course materials; identifying discrepancies and communicating with Associate Director to reconcile prior to review; and preparing review portal. This role has a primary focus on government contract creation and management.
CREDIT connects workplace learners with colleges and universities by helping adults gain access to academic credit for formal courses and examinations taken outside traditional degree programs. With over 35,000 courses reviewed, ACE is the national leader in the evaluation process for education and training obtained outside the classroom.
Essential Job Duties or Tasks:
- Receives and responds to Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Quotation (RFQ) from contract agencies. Provides accurate pricing and follows external agency guidelines to respond promptly to inquiries.
- Works closely with the Senior Contract Specialist to insure accurate and timely processing of invoices and manages multiyear contract compliance.
- Works collaboratively with Corporate Alliance team members to identify appropriate opportunities posted on FedBizOpps and other government websites.
- Oversees logistics for CREDIT reviews; approves qualified evaluators to review course materials; works with Program Evaluations staff to ensure the accuracy of all materials submitted.
- Monitors communication and deliverables during reviews.
- Serves as a resource to reconcile discrepancies; ensures review team has documented appropriate credit recommendations and descriptions, including justification of credit recommendations when necessary.
- In partnership with CREDIT Leadership, analyzes and assesses the business process protocols of the review. Solicits feedback from internal and external stakeholders to implement new or revised procedural steps. Creates documentation and support tools.
- Supports the launch and management of the business process function and features available within SharePoint and other technology.
- Maintains integrity of data using database and Excel software tools; manages course data to include editing, proofing, parsing. Maintains integrity of data through routine audits by working with the Registrar.
- Supports all ancillary logistics for upcoming evaluation reviews and projects.
- Reviews and edits reports for clarity, consistency and conformance to ACE style guidelines.
- Meets departmental goals and objectives.
- Works collaboratively with all staff from the Center for Education Attainment and Innovation.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education/Experience/Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience required
- Well-spoken, confident, and professional,with the capacity to build and maintain working business relationships.
- Experience developing and working with government contracts required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (i.e. SharePoint, Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Comfortable working with relational databases (i.e. 4D, CMS)
- Office management skills including: organizing and implementing multiple complex issues and tasks; strong verbal and written communications; editing and proofreading responsibilities required.
- Excellent customer service
- Time management skills to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Attention to detail and good critical thinking skills.
- Research skills.
- Must be able to travel 30% of the time.
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Minimum Education Required