Major responsibility is to assist in the delivery of quality and developmentally appropriate athletics programs, activities, services, and special events
BGCB is offering a $400 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the delivery of a variety of athletics programs, activities, and events as directed.
- Assist in the supervision and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Participate in collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate.
- Assist with the completion of BGCB''s program activity standards as assigned.
- Assist volunteers and consultants who can offer related instruction, support and guidance to members.
- Participate in program/service outcome measurement processes and other evaluations programs including BGCA''s annual evaluation Commitment to Quality as appropriate.
- Secure and maintain materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area.
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed.
- Other related duties as specified by the Athletic Director.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand
- High school degree or GED required.
- Direct experience providing athletics/fitness programs for youth.
- Experience in coaching preferred.
- Knowledge of trends in fitness, developmental games, and other athletic activities.
- Knowledge of youth development principles.
- Must be or become CPR/FA certified.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid driver''s license required.
** Please note that you have navigated away from our careers page, to continue to review current opportunities please close this tab. **
South Boston, Massachusetts, United States