Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) is looking for an experienced Tech Pathways Job Developer. Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Workforce Innovation, this sector focused role will be responsible for cultivating and managing key subsidized internship and employer partnerships in our Digital Marketing (DM) and Cloud Support Engineering (CSE) Training programs for 17-24 year old high school graduates/high school equivalency holders. The goal is to create and deepen employer partnerships to create meaningful, full time opportunities for young adults who achieve industry recognized credentials in our tech training programs.
· Develop a range of internship and apprenticeship opportunities in the tech sector or cross-sectoral within opportunities in their tech department
· Build on existing employer and institutional partnerships and create new relationships in the field to foster outcomes for youth
· Utilize local labor market information and engage employers to validate and improve training and credential offerings within New York City or nationally for remote work
· Facilitate conversations between employers and the program teams in order to translate employer feedback into curricular changes.
· Engage employer partners in programmatic activities that align with learning outcomes for students and help cultivate partnerships
· Collaborate with the Program Director to ensure achievement of program outcomes and play a lead role in achieving internship, employment and retention milestones
· Engage and support the facilitation of OBT’s Tech Advisory Board
· Ensure timely and accurate documentation of all employer and participating activities in the appropriate platforms.
· Attend to program data and frequently analyze in order to identify patterns, trends, and necessary points of intervention
· Work collaboratively with team members from CSE and DM to ensure effective and appropriate placement of participants in internships and employment
· Work closely with the CSE and DM Workforce Teams to ensure cohesive participant services and a seamless experience for program participants
Attend team meetings as needed to understand key program milestones leading to employment, and participant needs and experiences and implications for employment
· Tasks and activities as directed by Supervisor
The Ideal Candidate will:
Why You Should Join Us:
· Salary 55K with full benefits
· Challenging, entrepreneurial work environment
· Autonomy to develop role in order to maximize outcomes
· Company events and outings (ongoing professional development, coaching, staff retreat)
· Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
· Equal Opportunity Employer
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) is looking for an experienced Tech Pathways Job Developer. Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Workforce Innovation, this sector focused role will be responsible for…